jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

What to do with Holiday Hubs after the holiday

1. Violet's View profile image59
    Violet's Viewposted 7 years ago

hi all,
       I am fairly new and wrote a Halloween hub and will want perhaps to write Thanksgiving and Christmas hubs, as holidays are one of my favorite subjects.   My question is: what happens to these hubs after the holiday?  Will they be allowed to be de-activated and just sit there and take up space until I re-activate them next year?  Or should they be left active, even though they will not be likely to garner any traffic after the holiday.   Thanks for any thoughts.   
    Violet (**)

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
      Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I have quite a few of these, and I just leave them up.  If you unpublish them, Google will de-index the pages, and you will have to re-rank all over again the next year.

1. dingdong profile image60
        dingdongposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It's such a nice tip, Maddie. Thank you smile

2. Violet's View profile image59

Thanks very much Maddie for your answer.  I didn't think about that as far as Google is concerned, but it makes perfect sense. 

3. Annie T. Baxter profile image61
    Annie T. Baxterposted 7 years ago

Hi Violet! 

Great question.  I agree with Maddie also.  My last Hub is a Christmas Santa Letter's Hub and during some of my research I consulted online pages and forums from 2007 and earlier, so the longer our work is "out there" the more likely it will be accessed and hopefully linked to!

Until next time...Annie

4. Lissie profile image86
    Lissieposted 7 years ago

Small trick: avoid mentioning a date - talk about this year or next year but don't mention the actual date of the event!

5. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Seasonal hubs become relevant again.

I just leave mine as is and spruce them up when the appropriate season returns.

6. Violet's View profile image59

Good ideas from all.   It is a good point that Lissie has to write without mentioning dates so that your Hub will be suitable next year.  Also this years hottest toy or decor trend will no doubt be flat as a pancake next year, so if your Hub is written around these, it will have a short life.

7. Anamika S profile image72
    Anamika Sposted 7 years ago

My Diwali Hub got quite a flood of traffic during the festival season and now the traffic is gone down. Next year hopefully it would give a flood of traffic again.