jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Pasting Ad Codes Into Your Hub Pages

1. KByrne profile image60
    KByrneposted 8 years ago

Hi people, I joined HubPages just last week and enjoyed writing my first few Hubs. But how does the advertising part work in layman's language? I've set up my 'associate affliliate' contacts abnd they appear active but what do I do next? Do you paste your ad code into capsules (I tried that and it didn't work) or what? I'm getting high Hub scores but nil revenue. There's just too many techie terms and it's nearly put me off entirely. I've been trying to set this kind of stuff up for nearly a week now. I think I need a simple walk-through. The WRITING is no prpoblem - I love to write - but the rest? Grrrrrr! HELP!

1. Maddie Ruud profile image83
      Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago in reply to this

KByrne:

I'll repeat what I said in my email to you:

You do not need to paste any code onto your hubs.  HubPages will automatically generate the code with your affiliate ID in it, assuming you've entered them all correctly on your account settings.  Google ads appear automatically, but you are responsible for adding Ebay/Amazon capsules and stocking them with relevant products, if you so desire.

1. KByrne profile image60
        KByrneposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Hi Maddie, thanks a lot! And I appreciate the time you to reply. I'll figure it out little by little I'm sure but I still don't know how you copy the code from an Amazon site.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image83
          Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago in reply to this

You don't!  No coding is required at HubPages.  I'm not sure how many ways I can say that wink

All you need to do if you want to display Amazon products is add an Amazon capsule (under "add more stuff" on the edit mode of your hub), just as you would any other capsule.  When you edit the capsule, you are given the option of either displaying products by keyword or choosing specific products.  If you choose the latter option, you can then enter the ISBN numbers of products on Amazon, or just the URL of the product itself.

Hope that helps.

2. Dorsi profile image92
          Dorsiposted 8 years ago in reply to this

KByrnes,
          Getting set up at first can seem really confusing, but there are also hubs out there explaining more in detail tips and tricks for setting up capsules. just enter key words in search and you should find some hubs. I didn't know squat 8 months ago but I'm sailing along now- it will come with time!

2. Lin on Love profile image59
      Lin on Loveposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Ditto. Thanks for the question and the answer smile

2. Maddie Ruud profile image83
    Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago

Closing this thread to avoid confusion, since original poster started a new thread on the same subject.

Closed to reply

working