jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (25 posts)

Did anyone notice a significant fall of traffic in the last 2 days?

1. tnvrstar profile image76
    tnvrstarposted 4 years ago

Or is it just me?

1. Xenonlit profile image61
      Xenonlitposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Definitely holiday. I go through this every year everywhere I write. It is strange that my 30 day totals keep going up and down though...weird.

2. missolive profile image92
    missoliveposted 4 years ago

Yes, huge drop starting Wed.  -  picked back up today. I'm sure it was just the Thanksgiving holiday smile

3. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 4 years ago

Probably holiday.  Even my junk email has dropped, thank goodness.

1. tnvrstar profile image76
      tnvrstarposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Lol so funny smile)

4. 0
    twodawgsposted 4 years ago

Yes, web traffic everywhere typically experiences drastic drops on major holidays.  Be prepared for a totally dead week from the day before Christmas to the day after New Years.

5. tnvrstar profile image76
    tnvrstarposted 4 years ago

If it's because of Holiday then it's fine. smile

6. S.Graveson profile image80
    S.Gravesonposted 4 years ago

Mines gone up in the past few weeks which has been pretty cool...ok it's only 300-360 a day but still nice and much better than it used to be.

7. GmaGoldie profile image86
    GmaGoldieposted 4 years ago

Holidays have a huge impact. And remember what today is - be on your toes for your gift articles!

I found on eBay during school shopping - not to list anything other than school related - the traffic drops dramatically.

Timing is sometimes everything.

Happy Cyber Monday!

1. paradigmsearch profile image91
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Speaking of which, I am fond of name.com, so here's a plug for them. Cyber Monday only, $8 com/net doamin names.

And, yes, my traffic was a corpse as well. big_smile

8. Keith Matyi profile image59
    Keith Matyiposted 4 years ago

I did not experience the problem. If anything, it was one of my best weeks ever!

9. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image94
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 4 years ago

Yes....but it was all due to the holiday weekend.  Supposedly today is a huge traffic day.  We'll see.

10. Garrett Mickley profile image81
    Garrett Mickleyposted 4 years ago

My traffic's only been going up.  This holiday week was the best week I've had in a while.

11. arizonataylor profile image83
    arizonataylorposted 4 years ago

NO, I haven't seen changes since mid October.  October 13th was the death nail for my hubs.  I survived the initial Panda updates, but 10-13-11 destroyed my traffic.  I'm running about 20 percent of what I was prior to that date.  No improvements yet. . .

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image94
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I took a quick look at your hubs.  Can I make a suggestion?

This worked for me - I removed all RSS feeds, and after a week or two, my traffic came back.

1. IzzyM profile image85
        IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well, here's an interesting thing.

I have more than one username, and those with rss feeds were up or down, regardless.

The whole Google Panda/subdomain thing has not yet settled down. I still do not know why this, my main name is slapped.

Was that you I was talking to?????????

I dang sure had a slap period too...I'm not Mr. Traffic, but it's back up to a point to where I can feel like it's not a waste of my time to be here.

That said....I'm working more on blogger and Info Barrel these days....not for any particular reason other than being a bit burnt on looking at this site all day every day.

2. relache profile image87
        relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I've got RSS feeds on most of my Hubs and all my pre-Panda traffic came back once the subdomains got implemented in July.  I don't think it's RSS feeds on principle that can harm traffic but whether or not you use them effectively.

If we use the "latest hub" RSS Feed, and it's on every hub - do you think that Google considers that duplicate content?

12. carol3san profile image61
    carol3sanposted 4 years ago

I'm sure the long holiday w/e had a lot to do with the fall in traffic.  Let's see what happens this week.

13. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 4 years ago

Pretty good traffic here - friday and today should be fantastic for traffic, but the weekend deals also usually attract online shoppers.

This is from a sales writing perspective though, not sure how other types of writing on here would fare.

1. Pcunix profile image88
      Pcunixposted 4 years ago in reply to this

My traffic is up about 33%.  Very little in the way of "sales hubs" in my stack.

14. prairieprincess profile image97
    prairieprincessposted 4 years ago

My traffic was up, but almost no revenue. I certainly didn't see anything from Black Friday or Cyber Monday. Except views. No moola!

15. gabgirl12 profile image60
    gabgirl12posted 4 years ago

Mine shot up today. But then again I've been writing more and tweaking the ones I've had. That was a suggestion by some hubbers when I first started. And it seems to have been a good one.

16. Richieb799 profile image66
    Richieb799posted 4 years ago

I didn't have much of a drop for Thanks Giving, Its going to be a photo finish to see if I reach a record with Adsense but I've had some great days this month.