jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Hubs held in limbo

1. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 4 years ago

This past Saturday I wrote a hub, a poem I created on the spur of the moment.
    I published it once I was finished and Hub Pages threw it into "Limbo" stating it was duplicated. Since I just created it off the top of my head, unless someone has used the same "Title" how can it be duplicated? It is now awaiting approval by some administrator, to either approve it or reject it.

2. missolive profile image93
    missoliveposted 4 years ago

Suggestion - go to copyscape.com - enter the link of your hub and see what you get. Best wishes to you on solving the mystery.

3. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 4 years ago

Dave - It looks like that Hub has a significant amount of similar verbiage as another one of your Hubs (Proclamation of Salvation). Hubs need to be original, not incorporating text from other sources, including your own Hubs.

1. Dave Mathews profile image61
      Dave Mathewsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Jason: I understand what you are saying. Let me see if I get the jist of what you mean. We are permitted to incorporate quotations of Biblical text as a part of our hubs and there is no problem, but we are not permitted to incorporate one of our already posted poems, or a part of one of our already posted hubs. How does this make sense? Either we are permitted to quote from other sources or we are not, regardless of the source.

1. SimeyC profile image88
        SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Dave - you'll find that any hub you right that has more 'quote' than original content will be flagged. If you had quoted your own work in part (and then had a link to the original work) and added an extra 500 words or so then you would be OK!

It's when the majority of the text in an article is 'quote' that you get the problem...doesn't matter whether the quote is your own work, the bible etc..

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

You are permitted to quote from other sources HOWEVER it's the percentage of quotation (duplicated content) vs original (never before published anywhere else on the Internet) that is the key factor.

You want to keep your duplicated material to a minimum.  If a Hub is flagged as duplicated, then you've got too much.  And before you ask, no there has never been a stated percentage or formula to follow given as that would allow the spammers and scammers to game the system.

5. specialwalri profile image61
    specialwalriposted 4 years ago

I had this happen a LOT on my other account, chenderson00. Every hub from now on is edited and has to wait for submission -- and I think the editors hated me with that name. Every submission got rejected, so finally I made a new account. I'm not sure why this keeps happening but you and I are not the first to have the issue. Lots of people say it happens. I'm not sure, I love HP so It really depressed me for awhile.