jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

How do you refrain...

1. Richieb799 profile image66
    Richieb799posted 4 years ago

from over working it when money is on the line?

I seem to make work for myself by suggesting great ideas :S

1. tobey100 profile image60
      tobey100posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Easy for me.  I don't do anything just for the money.  Makes life so much easier.

2. Richieb799 profile image66

I enjoy my work but we all need mahoneyyyy

3. IzzyM profile image84
    IzzyMposted 4 years ago

Unfortunately, I seem to be one of those people who needs to see light at the end of the tunnel.

So I go through a mad phase of publishing here.

Or I go through a phase of publishing elsewhere.

But if I don't see results within a few days I sit back on my haunches and find it really hard to get motivated again.

4. Gordon Hamilton profile image96
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 4 years ago

Bad news for you, Richie: you don't...

You do (or at least should!) learn lessons as you go but there are never ending lessons to be learned. Once you have promised yourself you will never fall in to one particular trap again, you fall in to another. Maybe that applies to life in general and not just money.

Don't get me wrong, I am not talking about Hub Pages. I am talking about working online in general. I can't remember the last time I worked less than a hundred hours a week but think it was Spring 2009.

Want to avoid it? Sadly, you may well have to look to the traditional, offline world...

Good luck! smile

5. Richieb799 profile image66

Too late for that, I'm already contracted by a business to do their web development...Affiliate marketing is secondary for me

6. 0
    mtsi1098posted 4 years ago

money is money and u cannot refrain from the over work situation especially when u need money...

7. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

I work 18+ hour days, sometimes overnight for days at a time when the work is coming in thick and fast.

On the other hand, I take days off as and when I wish, and no one is able to stop me doing so. For example, I added today (Monday) as a day off onto a fabulous weekend away during which I drove 164 miles to sing plygain carols in Caernarvon and then another 100 miles to see friends I haven't seen for about five years.

I travelled back home today via Llandysul, spent 5 hours at Telynau Teifi harp centre there and blew a year's savings on a harp.

But then, I can always choose to work more than the 40-hour week of wage slaves and make that money back again in a few months of such overtime efforts if I so wish.

That is the beauty of working for onself.