jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Inappropriate Ads on Christmas Article

1. 2besure profile image83
    2besureposted 4 years ago

I was checking not only mine but other hubs with Christmas like topics and the ads are really lousy!  Is there anything that can be done? Thanks in advance!

1. sofs profile image86
      sofsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Those inappropriate ads seem to be there on every article.. Yikes I wish Google followed some of those standards it has set for its users

2. QuestionMaster profile image88
    QuestionMasterposted 4 years ago

Google can only display adverts from people who pay for adverts - and based on the most common keywords in your articles.

If there aren't many Christmas related adverts currently being purchased, Google has to put up the closest thing it can find.

As for keywords, if your most common keyword is not Christmas or gift related, it's not unusual to get unrelated adverts.

1. sofs profile image86
      sofsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

LoL.. My common keywords have nothing to do with the kind of sick ads on the pages. I really wonder on what basis they are they... and this seems to be a very recent happening..
      And no, I do not view such stuff either.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

The Adsense block that in the top part of all my Christmas hubs are related to the subject. All have holiday or Christmas related products. The other graphic ads are fine by me.

And also, a lot of the ads are based on location or your previous viewing habits too.

4. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 4 years ago

Who here actually sees the same ads that everyone else sees anyway?

I had a conversation with a friend recently.

She said a hub of mine was ruined because of the Drano ad which was all over the place, all around my hub.

What drano ad? I am in Europe where we have never heard of these people, except through HP.

They pay well. that is it then for me, they are welcome even though I cant see them.

On other threads we are playing down the importance of oil, or anything that the govts of this world want to push on us.

Everything at the end of the day comes down to money,