jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How many hubs did you have

1. 0
    daflaposted 9 years ago

before you started seriously trying to drive traffic to them?  I have only 9 now, and most on one topic.  I'm thinking that when I finish #10, I should try seriously to invite some people and drive more traffic.  Didn't want to do it too soon, because to be honest, when someone invites me a blog with only one or two topics, I usually forget it and move on.  They have to give me some reason to come back, and if there's a lot of content, I'm gonna come back to read more.

In the meantime, I'm getting my email and sites list together for advertising.

2. jimmythejock profile image81
    jimmythejockposted 9 years ago

you should do it from your very first hub, seriously, each hub you write is a seperate entity in its own right, an individual website, like any website it should be pushed from day one to give it the best chance of success, and higher ranking in the search engines, hope that helps .........jimmy

3. raymondphilippe profile image83
    raymondphilippeposted 9 years ago

Hi Dafla. I joined your fanclub when I came across your post here. So you are actually already promoting your hubs ;-)
    Isn't that great

4. 0
    Lisa Bargerposted 9 years ago

I agree with jj.   Also, remember, it takes several "tries" before you "stick" in a reader's mind.  In sales, we used to plan on it taking a customer 6-12 times of seeing our logo, ads, etc., before they trusted us enough to shop with us.  Sending someone to your HP page isn't exactly the same thing, but . . . well, you get the idea.  smile

5. feb4 profile image62
    feb4posted 9 years ago

just started here but the longer you are on the computer promoting,building or socializing the more hits you will get.

check me out

6. GreatTattoosNow profile image62
    GreatTattoosNowposted 9 years ago

Not sure if this helps you out but I have found I go through phases.  By that I mean for a while I will build a few hubs and focus on writing content and building pages.  Then I spend my time promoting.  Ihave now gotten it down to where I create a page a night and do some really basic promotion of it right away using onlywire.com.  I then see which hubs rise to the top and provide a good deal of traffic.  I then take the more popular ones and do futher link exchanges, social bookmarking, and article submissions.

It helps to keep me focused to have a system in place.  It ends up I spend the earlier part of the week building and the later part of the week promoting.  Although sometime I will just do one of the other at random because I feel bored of one so I do the other.  Does that make any sense?