jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Why is there no ability to contact some hubbers

1. fastfreta profile image81
    fastfretaposted 4 years ago

After reading a fellow hubbers hub, I wanted to contact her personally, and to my dismay there was no "contact capsule."  WHY??????? hmm

1. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Some people do not want to be contacted... I have had this experience too..I was so moved by a hub that I wanted to contact the author personally , but there was no way..I guess,  I decided that I would respect their need for privacy smile

2. skear profile image92
    skearposted 4 years ago

Not everyone places a contact capsule on their hubs.  Although you should still be able to contact them by using the contact link on their profile page. 

Assuming they haven't disabled that function either.

3. fastfreta profile image81
    fastfretaposted 4 years ago

Thanks, sofs, and skear.  I never knew we had the choice, to remove it or let it stay.

1. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

When you get emails from total strangers either begging or demanding that you help them with their Hubs, as if you had nothing better to do with your time, it's nice to know you can turn that feature off.

1. QuestionMaster profile image88
        QuestionMasterposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Quite a few top hubbers have turned off their contact buttons on their profiles either temporarily or permanently due to the number of people who email them asking very basic questions about how to earn online and expect to be spoon fed the answers.

If you really like someone's work you can leave a comment - if you have something personal you don't want to share, maybe add a note about that in the comment and say they can contact you if they want (I doubt most would, but if it's something highly relevant they might.)

4. melbel profile image93
    melbelposted 4 years ago

To be honest, I've considered disabling my contact button.

I get writing job offers that pay worse than minimum wage, of course, with "great" payout if the person's product becomes popular.

I'll also get ones from people asking for help in such a way that I think they just want me to do it for them and ones from people downright asking for money!

If it weren't for some of the really nice comments I sometimes receive... or PR stuff, I would disable it.

5. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 4 years ago

I thought twice about it (because I didn't want to come across as unfriendly), but I turned mine off.  It was mostly getting "questionable" e.mails from spam-type people (not always technically spam) (but also spam-types that know how to make an e.mail look like it's "legitimate") that made me do it.

Last week, though, someone took the time to contact me through Facebook and send a really meaningful "thank you" (related to losing her mother) about one of my more serious Hubs; and now I'm re-thinking things again.  (I just hate to start getting those iffy/questionable ones again, though.  They know how to do them in a way that makes you not quite sure if they're legitimate or not, and in a way that makes you wonder if you should feel bad for ignoring them.)  Those questionable e.mails are kind of like traffic - the longer you're around, the more you get (only you're not pleased about it).  hmm

(I do have contact-me or e.mail info on my links, but I think people who are out to whip up a bunch of quick recipients of questionable e.mails may not be as interested in going beyond the HP profile.  Then again, though, neither will a lot of readers who have a legitimate comment.  hmm  )