Pee in Fuel :D

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (16 posts)
  1. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

OK, I tried to be nice. Really, you know I can be nice if I want to, right? big_smile

But this old - ummm - lady scammer denied my extremely polite comments, and now has a bunch of sock puppets (or fellow scammers - can't really tell without IP data) paying lip service to her snake oil in her comments. Just wanted to let you know big_smile

Oh, and those interested could see it here http://hubpages.com/hub/A-Fuel-Additive … e-Lot-More

I think it deserves at least a thumb down wink

1. rockinjoe profile image89
      rockinjoeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Not everyone has a car that runs on love like mine does, Misha:)

2. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 15 years ago

Well, I responded, and, if she's really deleting comments, than we can reveal her for the charlatan and snake oil farmer that she is.  This is the comment I posted.  We'll see if it stays up:

I've worked in the automotive chemical industry for over a decade and am entirely familiar with every product on the market today. Not just in principle and in sales pitch, but chemically.

There is no product or chemical composition that can alter fuel to the degree you suggest without doing damage to the components of the engine through which they are being run.

Furthermore, using nebulous words like "nanotechnology" which actually say NOTHING at all, only serves to throw a linguistic smoke-and-mirrors effect at a populace who really needs truth rather than yet another snake oil farmer pimping greed.

The fact that oil prices are falling are not a victory for us, they are evidence that the perpetrators of greed on the most awesome and jaw-dropping scale in recent history have gutted our economy, perhaps faster than they anticipated, or perhaps exactly as planned... but either way, using the current economy as a means to play on the fears, hopes and ignorance of a population under siege is not only cruel, it speaks of evil akin to that which perpetrated the very things you use to give evidence for why your miracle product is in keeping with the times.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 15 years ago

I flagged it as spammy promotion of  a deceptive, problematic, unproven, snake-oilish, swamp-rootish thing. I could be wrong. But I also posted a comment agreeing with shadesbreath.

4. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

LOL Thanks guys smile

We'll see how it goes. I did not really wanted to push this case, just out of respect for her age, but after she just denied my comments, I changed my mind. smile

And Rochelle, you are definitely not wrong. It's a rule of thumb - if somebody promises you more than 5% increase in fuel efficiency, accompanied by other goodies like better ecology and power increase, it is an outright scam, you don't even need to look into technicalities to tell this.

If it was not a scam, all automakers would have been all over it already smile

HP will not bring the hub down however - it is within the TOS, TOS does not prohibit snake oil. I can't blame them though, they don't have resources to tell every snake oil in existence. smile

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
      Rochelle Frankposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That's OK-- I wrote a hub about snake oil-- or more about  swamp root-- and it's doing ok. smile - though I wasn't recommending it.

5. Shadesbreath profile image78

And you have to give her credit, she did actually write an article.  I'm even willing to bet she actually believes this stuff.  I just figure she isn't steeped in the industry and therefore has no idea how many angles she's missing on this stuff.

6. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Yeah, Shades, I noticed it, and I tried to explain to her in comments that she has been lied to. We even had a kind of conversation - two comments from either side. But then I come in the morning and don;t see a single one yikes

I am off looking for a swamp root hub wink

7. Shadesbreath profile image78

You know, here's the thing on this... it's why I wrote that Self-Cannibalism hub with such vengence.

I hate cars.  I am not impressed by old cars, classic cars or hot rods.  I don't care.  They are a way of moving over distances that is better than a horse and more convenient than trains or planes for most distances.

But I hate the industry.  It's rife with corruption and lies and deeply contemplated deceit.  It's so much more vile than anyone knows it's hard for me to even describe, I know it so well.

And, even though I never want to be stuck in it again at all, ever... I feel it is important that I not let everything I've learned in 20 years just go to waste.  In a way, (and I confess to fancy here) but I feel like I have a skill... like Robin Hood knew how to fence and shoot a bow... I have this skill that is not nice ... like sticking people with a sword or arrow is not that nice... but I have this skill and I should use it for good now.  At least try to redeem myself a little.

So, while usually I just talk about beer and boobs and post pictures of my cat crapping in a box... when people do this automotive stuff... I am morally compelled to speak out.  I have to balance my karma out.

I'm fine with a good automotive product doing well.  Rock on.  But not the garbage.

1. Jerrico Usher profile image56
      Jerrico Usherposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I wish they'd bring horses back.. make a horse lane if they have to.. I miss the old days in my past life (lol) when everyone rode horses... When I watch westerns I think about a time when horses were parked, when you fed your "vehichle" and gave it some love petting and talking to it.. you just can't talk to a car, it doesn't listen smile

1. Shadesbreath profile image78
        Shadesbreathposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Someone would probably invent EEhay with nanotechnology that claims to make horses run farther and faster, poop less and with a sweet smell, and saddle themselves or hitch themselves to wagons with no human help.

1. SamurWriter profile image57
          SamurWriterposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Kind of makes you wonder if the new KITT from the new knight rider show actually needs fuel (it is designed with nano technology that can convert the car molecularly into a truck, boat etc.. so why not just use that technology to convert hydrogen from the air moisture into gas... I never do see them "filler up" on the show hmmm...

8. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Well, now for all of you soft-hearted guys who talked nicely to this "lady". Can't blame you, the picture sorta forced me to do the same. However, now another my comment got denied. See for yourself, here is the exact copy-paste (I was smarter this time big_smile):

I don't think it makes any sense to flag the hub, cause it obviously does not brake the TOS, but if those of you who visit it give it thumbs down it will keep it from floating.

9. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

LOL Shades, you got yours denied, too big_smile

Post it here smile

10. Shadesbreath profile image78

I  made the mistake of not saving that one.  Too bad, it was solid too.  I wrote a long, totally respectful post, even apologized if she took my message as an attack on her, showing how what I wrote was focused on the product.   Then I told her how her using that stuff in her car was not "evidence" because she had no way to control the experiment.  Her evidence would be anectdotal and I listed about twenty or so variables that she can't control and explained how her personal experiment would not actually tell her or anyone anything.  I think I probably pissed her off when I pointed out that her claims of just wanting to help everyone out with this great product seemed in conflict with her statement that she hadn't actually used it yet, but planned to.  That might have been the kicker, but whatever.

The fact she deleted our comments just proves she's just another typical snake oil salesman, trying to put on a friendly, helpful face, but in the end, just trying to jam another bottle of garbage down people's throats.  Either that or she's just a poor gullible victim who wants so hard to believe she can help that she is unwilling (or unable) to recognize she's the victim of a greedy enterprise intent on ripping people off.

11. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

I was thinking she is later, but now I think she is more likely former. What really gets me in such cases is an absolute impossibility of stopping such kind of scam. I hope I'll get used to it eventually...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)