jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

OK...question regarding search

1. readkoz profile image81
    readkozposted 5 years ago

I am new, published one article.  People have read it, and commented.  But under the Category "Food and Cooking" I cannot find my article entitled "The World of Fast Food"....I do a generic search and still cannot find it.  What am I doing wrong?  It is obvious others have found it.

1. QuestionMaster profile image88
      QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It can take anywhere up to 24 hours for a new article to show up in all sections of the site.

It can also take a little while for it to be indexed in Google and get external search traffic.

readkozposted 5 years ago in reply to this

But how does it show 36 reads on my profile and one comment to me regarding the article?

readkozposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I can find it thru Google, just not on the HubPages site.

1. QuestionMaster profile image88
            QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It is probably in the hub hopper and probably shows up in the feed for anyone following those topics - just hasn't fully updated to other sections.

Also, your own views are counted, so if you viewed the hub ten times, even before publication, that will count towards total views.

2. freecampingaussie profile image50
    freecampingaussieposted 5 years ago

I saw your question here so went and read your hub which I enjoyed !

3. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 5 years ago

You'll get views from HP (internal views), don't worry. The system works, and your hubs will show up in the feeds of related articles on occasion and people will see it. But the reality is, internal traffic usually spikes briefly right around the time you put the hub up; after that it wanes and then it's all search engine and organic links. I wouldn't worry too much about where/when it pops up here on HP for traffic. It's nice to get instant feedback, but long term readership and/or earnings come from outside HP.

[A good story, too. I just read it.]

working