jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Forum posts in daily email - never followed or commented!

1. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 4 years ago

Today's email has a number of forum posts that I have looked at, never commented on and certainly never followed.
    If I click the "unfollow" in the email I get "page cannot be found"..

1. QuestionMaster profile image89
      QuestionMasterposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Maybe a random glitch. There were other problems with emails from a few weeks ago as I recall.

Does going to this page help anything?

LeanManposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I am not following the posts, I have checked..

Maybe Rising Caren is right, it is a hint to follow them! (although they were boring which is why I made no comment when I looked the first time!)

2. Ari Lamstein profile image77
      Ari Lamsteinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Please forward your email to team@hubpages.com, and include a description of the bug (that clicking "unfollow" leads to a "page not found"), and a note requesting that the email be forwarded to me.

2. Rising Caren profile image80
    Rising Carenposted 4 years ago

Maybe it's a sign that you SHOULD follow whatever those posts are!

3. Jason Menayan profile image59
    Jason Menayanposted 4 years ago

We rolled out a change to notifications that we explain in a blog post that goes out on Saturday.

The posts are in topics that you follow, and your setting must be on "auto" or "always" for this since that is the setting for forum posts created by Hubbers that you follow.

If you don't click those links, you'll see fewer and fewer of them. The system "learns" that you don't bother to click them. This is explained in the blog post, but I'll put up a forum post tomorrow about it.

To change your digest settings so you don't see them at all, visit this page:

For-- When in a topic I am following...a new forum post is made:
    Under "Digest," choose the "never" button and save changes via the button at the bottom.

Thanks Jason, I have unchecked the forums but can see some merit in being sent new hubs in my topics..

2. LeanMan profile image81

Jason, I changed this setting when I made the above post but today's email still includes forum posts that I don't want!
      I have checked to see if my settings had changed but they are at "never" for daily digest for forums posts in topics that I follow..