jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Embedding toy tube videos- Are they legal?

1. rajan jolly profile image89
    rajan jollyposted 5 years ago

I just read a hub by hubber shibashake, the link is given below.
    I am wondering now if embedding you tube videos is a copyright violation in some cases, where the uploader has no rights to upload the video in the first place and what can be done if one has embedded a video for which the uploader has no rights.
    Also how does one know if the video one is using in a hub is a copyright violated video?
    Can veteran hubbers throw some light on whether you tube videos in general or otherwise can lead to a banned Adsense account?

The link to the above mentioned hub is http://shibashake.hubpages.com/_20nje79 … fringement

2. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 5 years ago

Rajan! I read toy tubes and got all excited! Awwww... hmm Did you mean "you tube"?? hmm

rajan jollyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

sorry for the mistyping you tube as toy tube . I was in in a rush to post it hence the error. No offence meant.

3. MelissaBarrett profile image60
    MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago

By placing the ability to embed on youtube videos, the owner is giving implied consent to be linked to by any webpage.  The responsibility to ensure copyright also rests on the original video poster.

4. Rising Caren profile image80
    Rising Carenposted 5 years ago

If you know it's copyrighted, don't use it and contact youtube about the video so they can take it down.

If you don't know, but it is copyrighted, people won't make a complaint against you - it'll be against youtube, which will take it down. Your video link will then be broken and hubpages will tell you that it's broken, so you can change it.

So it's no biggie. Just don't be the person uploading the copyrighted videos.

rajan jollyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think this is the most appropriate reply to this issue, Rising Caren. And I do hope hubpages does that exactly, to leave us out of the legal hassles if any.

working