jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Question on phpBay

1. midnighteden profile image60
    midnightedenposted 8 years ago

I have just started using the phpBay Lite version and it is excellent. I am definitely going to upgrade to the pro version when I have the cash!

I just have a quick question - on the plugin there is a box for the ebay network partner campaign id number, which is fine I have that.

But then there is a box called 'Custom ID' - where do I find this or do I only fill it in if I want to?

Many thanks, Alison

2. Marisa Wright profile image91
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

I don't think you need to worry about the Custom ID - I'm pretty sure I didn't fill it in.

I also like phpBay.  I'm surprised by how quickly my new site is earning, particularly as I didn't pick a "hot" niche - I just decided to start a website on one of my interests and add phpBay to it.  Not that I'm making a fortune - about $60 so far - but it's only been a few months and it is earning faster than my HubPages account was at that point in its life.

Personally I haven't found the full version to offer much more functionality that I really wanted, apart from the ability to list items "available to" your country of choice, which gives more listings.  But it is so good, I think Wade deserves to get paid for it!

3. midnighteden profile image60
    midnightedenposted 8 years ago

Thank you very much for that info, that is really helpful.

What really surprised me about the lite version was just how quick and easy it was to install and to use. That doesn't happen with a lot of things I try - or maybe that is just me ;-)

Encouraging that you have started to make some sales too - hopefully that will follow.

Thanks again.

4. Marisa Wright profile image91
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

I should have added, that when I bought the full version, upgrading was TOTALLY painless.   When you install it, you don't have to do anything - all your phpBay Lite listings still work exactly as they did before.  So then you can take your time working through the additional functions.

5. Elijah S profile image76
    Elijah Sposted 6 years ago

I know some of you guys are using phpbay, care to share your latest impressions?

I'm thinking about buying it (experimenting with the Lite version in the meanwhile) in a bundle with phpzon (same thing for Amazon associates).

Thanks for your help.

6. kmackey32 profile image81
    kmackey32posted 6 years ago

Ive never heard of it. What is it?

1. Misha profile image74
      Mishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

A script to advertise ebay products on your own site smile