jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Keyword Ideas for Psych Papers

1. melbel profile image92
    melbelposted 4 years ago

I have to write some research papers on topics and I would like to write the paper in such a way that would allow me to easily convert it to a hub. I won't write it around a keyword, but would like to have a keyword in mind so that when I convert it to a hub, the process will be much easier.

Here are three topics:
    Locus of control
    ABC model (affect, behavior, cognition)
    Role of self-recognition in personal change

Any ideas?

2. Ms Dee profile image87
    Ms Deeposted 4 years ago

Melbel, In case this helps any, one thing that comes to mind with all three topics, and particularly the last one, is emotional maturity.

3. barryrutherford profile image38
    barryrutherfordposted 4 years ago

Latest research on reducing stress

4. melbel profile image92
    melbelposted 4 years ago

Here's what I have for kw research

[locus of control]   18,100
    [emotional maturity]  2,400
    [abc model]           1,900
    [personal change]       880   
    [self-recognition]      720

I think I'll do locus of control as the kw for one (or something like it to hone down the competition) and I'll definitely model one of the research papers around emotional maturity (probably the last paper on the list.) And then I'll do the ABC model, given that searches to "abc model" are people looking for the above ABC model and not other like-names models.

Thanks for your help

5. chuckbl profile image86
    chuckblposted 4 years ago

Your best bet is to go to google adwords (type it into google) and have a play around with different phrases you want to use, you will very quickly see what gets good hits etc. I use this tool religiously now before I even start writing my hubs. Good luck with your papers! smile

1. melbel profile image92
      melbelposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That's what I did to get the above keywords. However, given the topic, I'm worried that if I'm too broad I'll be competing against universities and Wikipedia. If I'm too narrow, I'll get phrases that get like 12 searches a month.

6. chuckbl profile image86
    chuckblposted 4 years ago

I wouldn't worry about competing against universities and the like, a hubpages article that's designed properly for seo I.e. with good keywords/keyword placement will rank above the university pages and probably even Wikipedia fairly easily. Definitely better to go for that. If it doesn't work you can always tweak it a bit!