jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Screen Went Black - Lost 30 Minutes of My Work

1. GmaGoldie profile image85
    GmaGoldieposted 4 years ago

What on earth happened?

1. Don Fairchild profile image83
      Don Fairchildposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like your computer failed somehow, either battery loss or overheated.  Sometimes by virus attack. 
      If you or someone you know who has some PC technical ability you can use the windows file explorer (Not IE) and do a search in the web page cache on your system for a long phrase that you typed into your lost content.
      Once you find the files of your missing content, you can cut and paste the content back into the web page that you were using previously.

Good luck

2. SimeyC profile image89
      SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sorry you had a problem! I always write in Word and always save after every five minutes - that way I only lose a maximum of 5 minutes work! It's a good habit to get into - you can set most word processors to save a file periodically automatically.

If you were using Word often it will cache the file anyway so if you have a power outage etc - the next time you load Word it will have a fairly recent copy - and will ask you if you want to recover it...

2. Nell Rose profile image91
    Nell Roseposted 4 years ago

If you wrote it straight on hubpages you should be able to go to your text box and recover it by clicking on the word draft at the bottom of your text box. It will bring up another box saying recover draft from however many minutes you lost it, okay?

3. PaulaHenry1 profile image69
    PaulaHenry1posted 4 years ago

I had the same problem numerous times using IE. I have taken the advice of other Hubbers and work in word first. I couldnt retrieve my work and was so frustrated, but lesson was learned fast!