jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Most hubbers don't really offer criticism, so please do....

1. 0
    ThomasRydderposted 4 years ago

I'm new at this, and don't really have much of any idea if my writing is any good or not. HP is, of course, more social, so not much criticism goes on between followers. Have a go at this, if you please, and tell me what you think..and thanks!!

http://thomasrydder.hubpages.com/hub/We … -Flapjacks

1. PaulaHenry1 profile image70
      PaulaHenry1posted 4 years ago in reply to this

From the amount of comments you received on the Hub alone should tell you it's good! I would change the layout of the photos at the top. But thats only because I love my ads to be on the right. But if you do not care about adsense or HP ads then I would leave it alone. Wonderful story..I look forward to the next segment.

1. 0
        ThomasRydderposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Paula...I agree it's recevied alot...but....I've also never received any criticism whatsover. And, from talking with some experienced hubbers, not much in the way of criticism goes on when hubbers follow other hubbers. I just started writing, so I need some balanced, honest, criticism that's not.....social....yanno? Thanks for the read, and the comments :)TR

2. kschang profile image91
      kschangposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There are two issues there... is your HUB a good hub, and is your writing good writing? I'll give you comments on both.

1) is your hub a good hub? I think it needs some layout revisions. For a moment, I can't see why you have the history of the American bloodhound up front. It wasn't until I was reading the story proper that I realize that Flapjack is a bloodhound. That sort of background info should be in the sidebar, not the intro.

2) is your writing good? It's fine. I don't claim to be any sort of critic, other than I do read a lot of fiction and non-fiction (at least a book a week)

1. 0
        ThomasRydderposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ok....very good...thank you :)TR