jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Email notification enhancement

1. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 4 years ago

Hi all,

For a while now, you've been able to choose how and when you're sent emails notifying you of new Hubs, Questions, Answers, and Forum Threads created by Hubbers you follow. You have been able to select "instant emails" or a daily digest, and either get these emails always, never, or "auto," where our system makes a determination of how often to notify you.

We explain the "auto" feature, and how it adjusts your notification frequency based on how often you actually click links in your notification emails, in a blog post:
    http://blog.hubpages.com/2011/12/hubpag … fications/

Yesterday, Ari enabled the same sorts of notifications to occur based on topics you are following, with the default sending method/frequency determined by your chosen settings for notifications from Hubbers you are following. The idea is to expose you to new Hubs, Q&A, and Forums that you might be interested because you follow those topics.

If you'd like to change any of your email notification settings, feel free to visit:

If you select "auto," keep in mind that it takes about a week for the system to understand and adjust your notification frequency based on your pattern of clicking on them.

1. lobobrandon profile image81
      lobobrandonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Jason - this is a great improvement smile I just modified some of my notifications big_smile
      Great work!!

2. barryrutherford profile image36
    barryrutherfordposted 4 years ago

I am happy with currently receiving  one email per day smile smile

3. K9keystrokes profile image93
    K9keystrokesposted 4 years ago

Thanks Ari! Sounds like a handy-dandy tool for the community as a whole. Appreciate the update Jason. smile

4. AllieRambles profile image60
    AllieRamblesposted 4 years ago

I love this idea.  I have had a Hubpages account for over a year but just recently became more active and I am loving it! 

This will help me keep track of the stuff I love already and new stuff I can discover!

5. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 4 years ago

Thanks for the links to the pages. Some things I have on auto and some things I have digest only.

6. carol3san profile image59
    carol3sanposted 4 years ago

Thanks for these links.  I'm sure it will be very hekpful.