jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

That "I can't do it" feeling

1. Rising Caren profile image80
    Rising Carenposted 4 years ago

I want to try the hubchallenge, but every time I do (whether on this account or one of my old ones), I fail after about 10 hubs.

I just can't do it sad I want to. I definitely have 30 topics I could write about, but it's actually getting down to writing them. With work and school and volunteering, and the actual writing, how do you all find the time? I always end up lagging behind.

Sometimes I wish I could just pay someone to write 30 exclusive articles for me, not that I could afford it. Besides, that'd take away from the fun of the challenge, but always failing also takes away from the fun.

It's just so...uhh....
    How do you keep yourself from failing?

1. brittanytodd profile image90
      brittanytoddposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I write some hubs ahead of time, like on weekends when I have the time.  Maybe you could do a 30 hubs in 60 days challenge.  I would be happy to read what you have to write even if it's not daily. smile  Sometimes it helps me to "set up" hubs before publishing, such as laying out the format and putting in/citing photos/videos.  Then, the writing seems to just come out of what I want it to look like next to the other elements on the page.  Maybe that would help? 

Either way, keep up the great work!

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I know how you feel, I was trying a Christmas challenge to do 30 but I haven't done any for 2 days. Too much other writing to do right now...for real money smile

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

The easiest planned explanation for achieving 30 hubs in 30 days is to pick not 30 topics, but to pick 5-10 topics and then plan out which topics you're going to write about over the course of 30 days.

The safest way to do it is to write one hub a day. No need to push any harder. You end up having 6x 5 topics or 3x 10 topics to cover in that period of time.

Or you can do what I did once, attempt writing sales hubs on a specific niche market....I chose sports and wrote lots of sales hubs on apparel. Example: Football, Basketball each have plenty of individual teams to cover and all has apparel.

1. Reality Bytes profile image93
      Reality Bytesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

wink  Glad to see you back,

Thank You for your advice it was much appreciated.

2. Rising Caren profile image80
      Rising Carenposted 4 years ago in reply to this

By "30 topics", I didn't mean 30 actual different topics. Many of them are related. For example, I wrote a hamster hub and another one of my ideas is one about webkinz hamsters and another is about hamster hibernation (or rather, the lack of it) and so on and so on.

And I wanted to another theme with bearded dragons also with a few articles for each.

But it's just...the time. And when I do have the time, then it's the will to write (and if I have both, then a computer glitch comes up to stop me anyway big_smile - just joking about that one.)

1. Cagsil profile image83
        Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No matter what you select for topics, the object is to write ONE hub a day. If you're unable to see yourself writing one hub per day, and/or cannot plan to do it, then don't attempt it.