jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

My lowest scoring hub needs critique.

1. jbrock2041 profile image81
    jbrock2041posted 4 years ago

Would love to hear how I can make this hub more effective and more interesting.

http://jbrock2041.hubpages.com/hub/Why- … e-Egg-Yolk

1. Camille Harris profile image
      Camille Harrisposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hey JBrock!

Even though I hate egg yolks, I took a look at your Hub smile

Please note that my recommendations are around improving general readability and not necessarily about making your Hub search-engine friendly (there are a lot of Hubs that can help in that department, though!):

1. I think you've got a lot of good information in the "Nutrients in the Egg Yolks and Egg Whites " paragraph.  A comparative list might be more appropriate for this info. 
      2. I stumbled over a few sentences, like "The egg contains a lot of cholesterol because the right amount of cholesterol is good for humans, as well as if the egg was going to develop into an animal it would need that cholesterol." and "The Journal of Nutrition reported a study conducted by researchers at the University of Massachusetts, which found that when people ate three or more eggs per day, they did not have an increase in the low density lipoprotein (LDL) in their bloodstream."

It's a very informative Hub - good job!

I admire that you and other Hubbers post your work here for constructive criticism.  It can be an incredibly vulnerable feeling, but I do believe it's one of the best ways to improve your craft.

Keep writing!!

2. Browneesorchids profile image77
      Browneesorchidsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I read your hub and enjoyed reading the beneficial information surrounding eggs. Interesting it seems most people believe that eggs whites are healthier, when in reality the egg as a whole is nutritrious. I would have liked to see some recipes for eggs yolks, as in two or three ways you use eggs yolks for baking or eating along with breakfast. Some great examples of what people can do with egg yolks that are not found of eggs from the start. Maybe you can convince those null egg eaters out there by providing more than technical facts, and tempted them with baked goods, although facts are good.

Hope this helps

3. athena2011 profile image61
      athena2011posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm not one to critique your hub, but actually have one of my own that I would like critiqued. I am new here to the forum, started today so am not sure if I have to start a different thread or can post my hub here for evaluation so will post it here and then, if I did the wrong thing, you guys can let me know okay?

http://athena2011.hubpages.com/hub/Now- … -Your-Life

Thanks for your input.