jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

When are you leaving hubpages???

1. Red Cigar11 profile image61
    Red Cigar11posted 4 years ago

You some folks threatening to leave hubs? Good to know - but when dudes?

yo yo yo ... give me a joint!

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Great, another sock puppet. Just what we need.

1. habee profile image91
        habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

How come THEY never get lost in the dryer??

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

2. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 4 years ago

when the venture capitalists close this shop I guess.. until then if they show the VC's this shop is viable w/ a few more years and a few less cash infusions to keep it going then I guess i'll stay around for awhile

3. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 4 years ago

yeah, i felt the same way when I responded.

4. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 4 years ago

set this forum on tumble rather than spin... maybe that'll work

5. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 4 years ago

Sometimes people get worked up.  Sometimes it's just because they misunderstood something and got themselves hopping mad over nothing at all.

Keep this in mind:  you don't get angry about a place you don't care about.  If Facebook ever reaches the point where I can't take it any more, you won't find me ranting about it.  I stopped using LinkedIn some time back - if you search hard enough you can find me complaining a little bit before I left, but basically I just stopped out of total disinterest.

Some of the folks kicking and screaming may have ulterior motives, but most might just be people who really like HP and the people who are part of it.  They are upset about something, maybe legitimately, maybe not, but if they truly did not care, they'd just fade away.

Their ranting and raving has benefit to HP even when it is totally misplaced.  Their misunderstanding can help HP staff do a better job with FAQs and feature announcement posts in the future.  If nobody ever complained, there is no feedback to goad improvement.

So, yeah: tempest in the teapot, annoying, don't let the screen door hit your butt and all that.  But there is value also.

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image92
      PaulGoodman67posted 4 years ago in reply to this

There is certainly value in complaining or asking questions on specific points.  Being uncivil, or spamming the forums with the same points or questions over and over again is unhelpful and just plain rude, however.

1. Gina Coole profile image84
        Gina Cooleposted 4 years ago in reply to this

+1 !