jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

advice for a newbie

1. Max Dalton profile image79
    Max Daltonposted 4 years ago

Hi All:

I'm just looking for someone who's an expert to offer some general advice on the hubs I've got to this point. Be easy; I just started writing here a few weeks ago, lol. My biggest concern is that my hubs were really moving upward until a few days ago, and then my page views started moving downward even though I was contributing new articles. I haven't started building any backlinks, but any other advice would be appreciated.

1. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I had a quick look at 3 or so of your hubs. Sorry I didn't read them to check how well they are written in detail, but found them to be of good length, pleasant on the eye, well-broken and informative.

When I have more time I may well read your hubs as they look extremely interesting.

Normally when you first publish, your traffic comes from other hubbers and that dies off (on each hub) after a few days.

It usually takes at least 2 weeks for the search engines to start finding your hubs and sending traffic, though of course you will get the odd search engine visitor before that because you get a 'new content' boost which tends to last a few days after your hub has been found by them.

It is also worth bearing in mind that hubpages is going through some weird changes just now.

We only moved over to subdomains in the summer, and many hubbers are still finding unexpected or unexplained fluctuations in traffic, specifically Google traffic.

Keep an eye on it more than the rest, but in your case it is probably too early to be showing any odd pattern.

You are definitely on the right track!

Welcome to Hubpages smile

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

40 high-quality hubs in 2 weeks is amazing! smile

3. Pcunix profile image92
    Pcunixposted 4 years ago

I read two.  You are going to do fine.  Better than fine.

4. Max Dalton profile image79
    Max Daltonposted 4 years ago

Thanks for the advice and support, everyone. I've been focused on getting myself off the ground here over the last couple of weeks, but I plan on being a more active member of the hubbing community as time goes on. It's a pretty interesting place and I look forward to seeing everyone around.

Thanks again.

5. wordscribe43 profile image94
    wordscribe43posted 4 years ago

I looked over a few of your hubs and agree with the positive feedback.  Welcome to Hubpages, enjoy your stay.

Max Daltonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, wordscribe.

6. timburton287 profile image59
    timburton287posted 4 years ago

I have the same problem. Yesterday my author score is 71, today it falls down to around 68 although I joined the forums, built some backlinks and read others' posts as well. I'm a little bit confused sad

Max Daltonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Mine has fluctuated quite a bit, but I'm not that concerned. It is what it is. If it drops completely off the face of the earth, then I'll become concerned, lol.

7. sabrani44 profile image59
    sabrani44posted 4 years ago

Wow, your hubs are great. And to think you did that in two weeks! Thats amazong. Have you already opted-in for the adsense program?