jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (13 posts)

Would anyone like to see in Feedback screen Facebook Likes and Tweets

1. CyclingFitness profile image91
    CyclingFitnessposted 5 years ago

Should we really need to view a hub to see how many facebook 'Likes' it has and Twitter 'Tweets'

Could this information be shown in the Feedback section of our profile? Alongside the other reader feedback we receive?
    http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5842142_f248.jpg

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

I guess it's just a programming thing that could be done to add it to feedback list of things. But, I don't see a "need" for it. It's not something I check, unless I'm on the hub promoting it. wink

3. CyclingFitness profile image91

The idea I saw behind it is that it would give the option of seeing more reader feedback without actually viewing the hub.

Obviously it's not a need but I feel it would help enhance the user interface

4. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

I wasn't doubting that. wink

5. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 5 years ago

As I use neither service, I think all those stats would just be clutter.

1. Pcunix profile image87
      Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You don't have to use them to get them.  Moreover, Google is paying attention to these things and its own +1's and says it will be using the latter in SERP calculations eventually.

I think there is plenty of room in the Feedback charts for these.

6. RedElf profile image85
    RedElfposted 5 years ago

Not interested in Facebook or Twitter in HubPages stats - some might like to have it though.

7. Cardisa profile image90
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

Not interested either. I don't really like Facebook all that much. I just share my link so my brothers and mother can see my work. I have some HP friends there that "like" me and am grateful, but it's really not that important to me.

8. CyclingFitness profile image91

I have to admit while not personally being a 'fan' of facebook and twitter there is no doubting that it generates external traffic for us- often without any work from ourselves

I have one hub which has over 20 facebook 'likes' which it has picked up over time. No through any work from myself but someone else out there has given me a backlink. Social Media has huge potential for us at hubpages

9. Cardisa profile image90
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

I may have been too quick to dismiss it earlier. Yesterday an amazing thing happened. There was an old hub that got over 120 views from Facebook alone, all in one day.

So maybe it's not such a bad thing. I still am not a great fan of Facebook but I am willing to give it a chance.

10. CyclingFitness profile image91

Thats fantastic Cardisa. I know one of my hubs which seems to average 2-3 view daily from facebook an an average day- but 120 is phenomenal!

1. Cardisa profile image90
      Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks!

I don't know what happened. I went to my account and noticed the unusually high traffic for that hub. I decided to see where it was coming from. I got some from Facebook.com and the majority from app.facebook.com. I was amazed. This morning I checked and I was still getting traffic from there.

11. Pcunix profile image87
    Pcunixposted 5 years ago

Those who say they "aren't interested" are being foolish.  Is there some reason to NOT want a visitor from G+, FB or Twitter?

I can understand not wanting a Digg or Stumbleupon invasion.  That's useless mobs of idiots who will usually do more harm than good.  But G+,FB and Twitter?  Those visitors are almost certainly going to be engaged readers, just the type who may help spread your hub virally.

I'm not a "fan" of Facebook or Twitter either.  I don't read anything there other than FB entries by very close relatives and friends.  G+ is different - I follow a lot of interesting people there, but even if I did not, I'd still use it to announce my hubs and I use FB and Twitter in the same way.

Not interested?  Very silly.

working