jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Adding to A Hub Page?

1. Discover More Now profile image60
    Discover More Nowposted 8 years ago

I created my 1st hub page yesterday.  (About A Brain Aneurysm).

I have more articles about that type of brain injury, I survived one.

Do I create a new "HUB Page" for each article or do I add to the one I made?

Note: The articles are rather long so if I add to the 1st article how do I keep things short so that the page does not roll off the bottom of the screen?

Do I make a link like "Read the Rest Of The Article Here" or something like that?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago in reply to this

This is a common misconception at HubPages - you see a lot of people continually adding on to the end of their Hub, instead of starting a new one.

HubPages is not a blogging site, so the idea is to start a new article when you want to say something new.  The experts say that most internet readers lose interest if your article is over 1,500 words so you certainly shouldn't exceed that.  Personally I keep mine shorter, because I don't think people like having to scroll down and down and down - and because Hubs are fairly skinny, by the time you've added revenue, photo and video capsules, even 400 or 500 words can be a long Hub.

You can certainly refer back to your other article (or articles) on the same subject. The simplest is to mention it in the text with a hyperlink.  Another option is to add a Links capsule and put the links in it.  You can make that look more interesting by floating it to the right (use the arrow) and putting a coloured background behind it, so it becomes a highlighted box next to your main text.

2. Julie-Ann Amos profile image49
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 8 years ago

I'd personally say add them as different articles.  You can add a link at the bottom of each one to the next if you wanted.

3. spuds profile image23
    spudsposted 8 years ago

You don't want to make a hub excessibely long so if each article is quite long then I would make a seperate hub for each one.