jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Security Features

1. jjackson786 profile image90
    jjackson786posted 4 years ago

I am concerned about the lack of security features on Hubpages. There needs to be an option to block Hubbers that consistently post degrading and abusive comments on Hubs. I have had to delete several from one particular Hubber, and now I am fielding emails from an organization sympathetic to his cause. I should not have to simply "deal" with this issue because it is a public site. If any features exist that would help me eliminate this on-going issue, please feel free to comment as I am quite simply at the end of my rope with this site.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

If you repeatedly flag abusive messages from a registered Hub site user, automatic blocks will kick in.  If you aren't doing this, then the system doesn't know you are having a problem.

If you are getting abusive messages from an unregistered user, it's a simple matter to set the comment capsule to only allow registered users to comment, and then the system filters will be able to learn the ID of the abusive person from your marking the messages as spam.

Taking the time to learn what tools are at your disposal is very practical.  I suggest you read the FAQ and visit the Learning Center.

3. wordscribe43 profile image93
    wordscribe43posted 4 years ago

What relache said... and you can also disable your "contact jjackson768" button.  That option is available in your profile settings.

4. Cardisa profile image90
    Cardisaposted 4 years ago

You need to take the time to learn how to use the site to your advantage in order be feel comfortable. The security features are here, it's just for you to know how to use tham.

I agree with Relache.