jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Photo Slideshows

1. Max Dalton profile image83
    Max Daltonposted 5 years ago

I'm sure someone has covered this somewhere else on here, but I was curious if adding enough photos to incorporate a slideshow somehow made our hub more visible in some way, or whether it just increases the quality of the hub. Just curious. Thanks in advance.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image84
      Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I understand ads are refreshed on each slide in the show.  So you get more ad impressions.  Plus the viewer gets to view a slideshow.
      Don't think it has any other benefits.

1. wilderness profile image97
        wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You're probably right there - adsense income from slide shows is around 1/2 that from hubs.  I don't see as many clicks of course, but the CPC is very often considerably higher than on the hub itself.

My hubs normally lend themselves well to pics, and I always try to get enough to make a slide show.

1. Max Dalton profile image83
          Max Daltonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Wilderness. That puts it in a bit more of a perspective. I don't think I'm gonna go out of my way to incorporate them, but if the topic lends itself to it, I'll just go ahead and go for it.

1. wilderness profile image97
            wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's best, I think.  I write a lot of how-to home improvement hubs and detailed photos are often invaluable as teaching aids.  They are actually part of the information content and they are the ones getting slide show views (and income).

Even a large slide show on a hub where the pics are not very important to the content it doesn't do nearly as well, which is what should be expected.

2. Max Dalton profile image83
    Max Daltonposted 5 years ago

Thanks, Mark. I think I'm gonna put enough photos to hit the slideshow status in a few more and see how it goes. If I'll remember, I'll re-post the results in here in a month or so.

working