jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Need help with unknown traffic source

1. Jangaplanet profile image87
    Jangaplanetposted 5 years ago

Can someone tell me what "t.co" is ? I started seeing this "t.co" as a traffic source and wanted to know what it is and if anyone knows anything about it. Also started receiving traffic from fivver! What are these sites and why do I receive traffic from them. Any help would be higher appreciated for I always concern myself when I start getting unfamiliar traffic from places I never seen before.

1. brittanytodd profile image92
      brittanytoddposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's twitter.  They shorten their links, so it appears like this on your traffic sources list. smile

1. Gordon Hamilton profile image97
        Gordon Hamiltonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Brittany's right, Jangaplanet. You shouldn't concern yourself, however - who cares where it comes from? Better to have traffic from unknown sources than none at all, is it not...??? smile

2. Jangaplanet profile image87

Oh okay. Thanks! I'm just curious to know why I'm getting traffic from twitter when I don't have a twitter account. smile Anyway thanks for answering me.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Readers can tweet your articles when you publish them.

UW is right.  If you look at the top of your hubs, you can see how many people "tweeted" your hub.  (It's next to the +1 button).

2. Jerrico Usher profile image60
      Jerrico Usherposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hubpages tweets some of our hubs so you may get it from there or any twitter account that posts links to your hub. Often if someone likes your hub they will tweet it to their friends- no account needed to get tweet traffic smile

3. Jangaplanet profile image87

Thanks!  I will check it out!

4. Jerrico Usher profile image60
    Jerrico Usherposted 5 years ago

Gordon, who cares is anyone who wants to make money- knowing your sources helps you to tap that source more- if 90% of your traffic came from an unknown source it would behooth you to go there and tap into that traffic with promotion... concerning yourself with stats like this is what makes the difference between those who earn and those who don't.

+1

working