jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Browser Crashes Every Time I Add Image Files

1. That Grrl profile image79
    That Grrlposted 5 years ago

Is there an alternative method for adding images? I'm losing patience. It takes me a few days to get images to load because I have to shut down the web browser and come back and try again and again and again and again until I finally get lucky. Once it crashes I can't get out of the loading window without closing HubPages itself. This is madness, there must be another way!

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Try using the non-flash version, by checking the box on this page, for instance:

http://hubpages.com/my/photos/upload

Flash on linux can be a bit flaky.

2. Pcunix profile image88
      Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, there is an alternate (it says so right there where you are trying to load).  But you should also try another browser.

You can download Chrome, Firefox, Safari and more for free.  You do NOT have to make them your default browser, but you can use them to see if problems like this do come from your current browser.

If it does, then you will want to try things like clearing cache, removing plugins and toolbars and plain old rebooting.

1. That Grrl profile image79
        That Grrlposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm using Chrome already. Firefox is prone to crash with Flash even when I was running Windows so I won't go back to that one.

Thanks Paul. I'm going there right now. smile

1. Pcunix profile image88
          Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Paul???

I'm not Paul.

I've been called Lawrence, Larry, Anthony, Tony, Tone, Tones and something that begins with F and ends with "head", but never "Paul" :-)

working