jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

How to make money being a hubber

1. Browneesorchids profile image76
    Browneesorchidsposted 4 years ago

I am new here and am aware that will tgake me longer and more hubs and followers to begin making money. I am confused though as to how you are to set-up your account to begin this incentive. I do not know what to make of the Amazon, googleAds, or the other software or link you have to access and set-up to your account. Can someone offer me detailed information and directions as to how to make this available to me? I would also like to know, what do you make money off of, your hubs (points, amount.. etc), amount of times your hub is accessed via search engine, or the ads that people click on when visiting your hubs/hubpage?

2. blondepoet profile image79
    blondepoetposted 4 years ago

If you go to the help section here it explains it all...even I can understand it all perfectly after reading it ages ago and I am a blonde lol

3. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 4 years ago

Yes, study the learning center (link at bottom of page).  Study SEO and keywords (lots of hubs about both).  Study on-page SEO.

There are no specific directions, just lots of opinions.  Choose what seems reasonable to you, and what fits your writing style.

Income comes from visits (primarily SE visits) and clicks, both.  Also from Amazon and eBay (information in the learning center).

You have a lot of learning to do; it's a steep learning curve but worth it.  My first 6 months I probably spent more time "in school" than writing hubs.  If interested, I wrote a hub describing my first few months here, partnering with HubPages - it might give you an idea of what to expect.

1. Browneesorchids profile image76
      Browneesorchidsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you wilderness for your information and direction. I have alot of reading to do on "SE" and "SEO". Still not sure about the lingo used here and their definition. Oh and thank you too blonde.

1. QuestionMaster profile image89
        QuestionMasterposted 4 years ago in reply to this

SE = Search engine/

SEO = Search Engine Optimisation (basically making your page rank high in search)

Keywords = those words you type into Google to find what you're looking for.

Backlinks = any link that points to your page. Whether it's from facebook, twitter, your own site, other hubs, etc... although obviously some links are close to worthless and some are worth a lot to search engines.

4. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago