What's Up With RSS Feeds?

1. Jean Bakula profile image96
    Jean Bakulaposted 4 years ago

When I began putting feeds on my hubs, there were 3 categories to choose from: latest, best and hot. My first 24 hubs on HP were Astrology. But as I wrote more, I explored many topics. So sometimes, if I had 3 or more "latest" or "best" hubs on the feed, they did include different topics. I tried to conform and changed RSS feeds that were too varied in topic. Last week many of my feeds were pulled, and my hubs had large gaps in them. I spent hours on all 99, making sure the subject on the feed was similar to that on the hub. But yesterday and today random RSS feeds were just pulled. What's going on? I didn't choose those 3 catagories, so if my 3 (or more) "best" or "hot" hubs include some varied topics, it's not my fault. Should I just take them all off? I think it's hurting my score, it hasn't been this low since I was working my way up, I was down to a 90 the other day and usually my score runs about a 95 or 96. I can't recheck them all every day. Would it be best to take them all off? Please advise. It's getting really frustrating.

1. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It is far better to use a tag specific feed than the hot/best/latest. This will allow your rss feed to group similar topics that all have a communal tag.

The details on how to do it are here: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/hubb … c-rss-feed

1. Jean Bakula profile image96
        Jean Bakulaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Izzy,
          Thanks for getting back so soon. I left out crucial info. When I tried to conform, I did use tagged feeds. I had astrology "moonsigns" on Sunsign hubs, and vice versa. Same for greekgod on some goddess hubs, greekgoddess on some god hus. It's still the same main topic. So why are random ones still being pulled? I'm getting so disgusted. I hate to take them off, because they draw attention to older hubs people may not see. Anyway, thanks for trying. I'll check a few random ones tomorrow and see what's what.