jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (11 posts)

Confusing Hub Scores

1. pennyofheaven profile image81
    pennyofheavenposted 5 years ago

Hello anyone,

Although I have been on hubpages for a year now there is much I still don't know. Perhaps that is because I've really only been active for about 3 months (on and off) in the entire time I have been registered.

Anyway...

I was testing an underlining problem  I was having 2 days ago and this resulted in 2 unpublished hubs. (I don't know how to delete them)

The unpublished hub scores were around 49.

I  published a new hub yesterday also with a beginning hub score of 49.

I logged on today and the newly published hub had 50 views and 6 comments. The hub score is still 49

The unpublished hubs have had 4/1 view (not sure how that is possible since its unpublished). One hub has a hub score of 67. The other 70.

It's all rather confusing. Does anyone know why hub scores increase when they're not published? Or why my published hub is still at 49.

I remember reading somewhere that there are many things that determine a hub score but this is weird.

1. QuestionMaster profile image88
      QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I personally just ignore hubscore. I have low scoring hubs which are popular or earn well, and high scoring hubs hardly worth the html they're written in!

Here's what HP has to say: http://hubpages.com/faq/#hubscorecalc

Also, when you view your own hub, that counts as a view, whether it's published or not.

pennyofheavenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Awww gees I didn't realize it counts your own visits.  Is it any wonder then that the scores would not determine the level of income one might make.

I just remembered I read or heard (can't remember which) somewhere, that it takes 24 hours or so for the scores to update. So maybe that's why the new hub is still at 49? So I can assume after that the score will increase way more than the unpublished.

If a hub score is high, would that not mean you are more likely to be viewed by whomever? Therefore increasing your chances to earn?

Hubscore doesn't influence traffic; traffic influences hubscore.

It's a common misconception.

A high hub score might rank you better on the site, in the topical category; however internal visits don't earn you money.

Search engines don't see scores, so it doesn't help with ranking in search engines.

Oh I see. Ok thank you!

2. brittanytodd profile image92
      brittanytoddposted 5 years ago in reply to this

+1 to QM.  Penny, you can delete a hub by going to it's url while logged in and clicking "delete" next to "edit" and "stats".

...although I'd recommend editing before deletion.

huh?

"I was testing an underlining problem  I was having 2 days ago and this resulted in 2 unpublished hubs. (I don't know how to delete them)" -You said.

I'd recommend editing hubs before deciding to delete them. Unless you meant they were blank hubs.

Oh right! Not blank but part of hubs I have already published.

2. pennyofheaven profile image81

Woo hoo thanks so much!!!

working