jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Adding links to my profile

1. Sottway profile image81
    Sottwayposted 5 years ago

Hi everyone.

I'm just wondering how I can add links to my profile page where the word is highlighted blue for example which would then take you to the actual link intended.

I'm asking this as adding long links really isn't a neat look - and my profile needs adjusting!

Thank you!

2. QuestionMaster profile image90
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

Write the words you want to link like "my website" and then highlight the words with the mouse.

Click on the hyper link button (looks like a chain) and in the pop up box insert the URL of the link you want.

3. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

It's done by selecting the "chain-link" icon while you're editing your profile.

Highlight the word(s) you want to use for the link, then click on the "chain" link icon in the row of commands. It's next(to the left) the little icon that looks like a "broken" chain link.

One is used to create links and the other is used to disconnect links. You will have a pop up window and you can enter the link in the top white box.

1. Sottway profile image81
      Sottwayposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you very much I have now updated my profile and it all works fine!

4. Ross Connor profile image60
    Ross Connorposted 5 years ago

Hello, I am having the same problem except there are know chain like icons visible to click on, any ideas?

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

HubPages does not permit you to create live hyperlinks on your profile until you have been here for 1 week and published 2 or more hubs. So once you get there, the icon should appear.

1. Ross Connor profile image60
        Ross Connorposted 5 years ago in reply to this

thanks thats all i needed to know, much appreciated.

1. profile image0
          Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You are very welcome.

working