jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Please Help Me

1. Bianu profile image59
    Bianuposted 4 years ago

I have been a member of hubpages for a year and am yet to make $100. So I know I am doing something wrong.
    Pls critique any of these hubs so I know what to change.

http://bianu.hubpages.com/hub/Meratol-D … s-products

http://bianu.hubpages.com/hub/Why-do-I- … -Insurance

1. Alecia Murphy profile image90
      Alecia Murphyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's just a matter of timing. Also, it helps if you get involved in commenting in forums and answering questions. I think for the one about Meratol, it sounds like it's more promotional than actually trying to help.

2. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I can suggest a few things that worked for me.  I had been on for over a year and hadn't made a penny.  All my AdSense was set up but for some reason it was not activated.  As soon as I activated it, the money started coming in, immediately.  So check that.

Also, I noticed you have no keywords bolded.  Pick a key word, such as insurance.  Bold it in the first sentence of the first paragraph then several more times throughout the article.  In the second paragraph bold and underline the word.  Google now sees this as an important word.  Don't bold every word insurance as this is seen as over keywording. 

Make sure you have a summary written.  It's in the sidebar where you see 'reorder, tags, summary'.  Make sure you use the word insurance and maybe another key word you've picked in the article.

Title tuner also helped me get more views.  Try to incorporate into your title the words they suggest that are in the higher percentage.

3. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

In my experience the insurance market is over-populated with high quality sites whose job is sell insurance, so it is almost impossible to compete in that market.

I wrote a couple of hubs in that area for the competition but have since unpublished them because they never got any hits.

The weight-loss one is short, and probably does read a lot like a lot of articles out there, but I am thinking you could make it longer, and unique, by adding a personal experience.

Put it in a capsule under everything you have written. Tell them how much weight you lost and easily with this pill. Hint: make it up if need be. Who is to say you are lying? LOL.

2. waynet profile image47
    waynetposted 4 years ago

Both of the hubs you linked to are in competitive niches. Everyone and their Grandma has done them sort of thing and so larger advertisers will have more than likely bought their way into most of them search terms as well as chancers who have got lucky.

Of course you can try and string things out in the long tail search terms and niches and play the waiting game through backlinking etc, but it's more practical to be working on niches that are less competitive as I learned this lesson long ago!

I wish you well though.