jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (18 posts)

I've made some money, I think??

1. MPG Narratives profile image61
    MPG Narrativesposted 5 years ago

It seems I have hit $50 in my hubpages earnings for the ad program, (happy dancing right now). Ok, so what happens now? Do I just sit and wait for the cheque (check)?

...continuing the happy dance smile

1. barryrutherford profile image34
      barryrutherfordposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No check a credit will go to your Pay Pal Account if u have one..

1. MPG Narratives profile image61
        MPG Narrativesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yep I do have a pay pal account barry, still waiting though?

2. mary615 profile image95
        mary615posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Barry, how much does it have to be in order to get paid.  I've got some from last month coming to me.  Is there a minimum before we get paid?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Depends when you made the $50 limit. If you earned it in November you will get it at the end of this month.

Mary...the minimum is $50.

1. mary615 profile image95
        mary615posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks.  Does the amount owing roll over to the next month if you don't make the minimum of 50.00, or is it  gone forever?????

1. wordscribe43 profile image93
          wordscribe43posted 5 years ago in reply to this

It rolls over, no worries.

2. MPG Narratives profile image61
    MPG Narrativesposted 5 years ago

thanks everyone, I guess that means I get it next month. Which is nice I will need some spending money after Xmas!! A good Xmas and New Year to all hubbers.

3. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Congrats! I hit payout on HP Ads the last day of the month. lol

1. IzzyM profile image88
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oh that is like me, my traffic and earnings have collapsed so much I am cringing every month in case I don't make payout. I mean $50? It's like €30 or something, can't even get a good night out on that, but I sweat if I think I'm not going to make it.

Changed days!

Ugh... so sorry you're still dealing with it.  I always hope to see your avatar change back to the old Izzy.

1. IzzyM profile image88

Just checked and this isn't the thread where someone got their Google traffic back.

What I have seen in the last 48 hours is my remaining hubs that still saw traffic, almost disappear from Google.com, but rise spectacularly in Google.co.uk.

WTF is that all about?

It's Google, or it isn't. Those are sales hubs for Amazon.com and we don't have the area thing yet, so they have one poxy little link (it might be 2) to redirect traffic where it need to go.

I try to write in US English. Sometimes I completely misspell words because I am trying to write US English and it is different.

The only reason I can think those hubs have caught Google UK traffic is because I have written them in English, but I haven't, I don't think.

So it would seem that my issue is with Google.com, and only them.

Come one Google, its Christmas, I want a happy, smiley face smile

And thanks, wordscribe for your condolences smile

No kidding, it's the holidays for crying out loud.  I just don't get it at all, really.  I theorized, postulated, ruminated, made changes, unmade changes, published, unpublished, yadda yadda yadda.  Finally, my traffic came back, but I have absolutely no idea why.  I can guess certain things I did helped, but in all reality I am just hypothesizing.  It's just nonsensical to me, really.  I still wait to plunge again.  I don't feel secure up here on this peak, that's for sure.  What goes up must come down!!!

1. IzzyM profile image88

This is the thing, though. If you read around the web, many people made changes to web pages, sites, etc etc and some got their traffic back and some didn't.

Equally, from those that never made changes, some did and some didn't.

None of it makes sense.

I initially tried to make changes and nothing.

Others here have made changes, OR NOT, and their traffic has returned.

At this time of the year I should have busy writing sales hub, but haven't. Most of the new hubs I've put out are informational because I am half thinking my domain might be overloaded with sales hubs - and why not? They made me a lot more money than Adsense ever did.

I truly believe I have been sandboxed, and nothing I do will help until Google decides to let my hubs see the light of day again.

But come on Google, it's been almost 4 months now.

Funny you said that, I'm avoiding sales hubs like the Plague.  Like you, that would normally be my one and only HP mission right now.  But, one of the 50 or so theories I heard was they could be construed by Google as gateway sites.  So, now I'm sticking to informational hubs to dissolve the proportion of sales hubs.  Again, merely speculation and going on what little I can really sink my teeth into.

Four months seems like too long.  Have you filed than reinclusion thing-a-ma-bobber?  Or if you did, let me guess... they said there have been no manual penalties placed on your subdomain, right?

1. IzzyM profile image88

Right.

I don't get that...  Then what?

working