jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)

Why was I rejected by Adsense?

1. Sci-Fantasy Fan profile image62
    Sci-Fantasy Fanposted 5 years ago

I signed up today and set up the Adsense account.  I got an email saying I was rejected for lack of content and not having a complete site with a sitemap, menu, etc.  Do others get rejected?  Anything I can do?

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The general consensus seems to be that it is best to have 10 hubs before applying for adsense.

2. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You do know that the easiest way to get an Adsense account is to sign up with Google-owned Blogspot.

Write half a dozen posts, and apply for an Adsense account directly through Blogger.

That's how I got mine. And I knew NOTHING about how to make money online, my blog was awful (still is - that particular one) and I just wrote what I felt like.

But you can do that on Blogger.

They kept bugging me to monetize it...I knew nothing about those things! I was amazed that blogs could make money! I signed up and shortly afterwards I found Hubpages, and just added my account here.

Sci-Fantasy Fanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yea, that makes sense.  I was thinking about Wordpress blogs.  I already have a blog with blogger for work and I want to keep that account separate.  Thanks.

1. IzzyM profile image86
          IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

OK well there is wordpress.com and wordpress.org.

To use wordpress.org you need to buy a domain name and pay for hosting.

Wordpress.com is the free one, but they don't allow advertising.

Go with Blogger. Make a new Gmail address and use it for blogspot, which is not only free but you can monetize it up to the hilt.

That's true, I forgot how easy it was to make a new gmail account.

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

And aging them 6 months to be safe.

3. Sci-Fantasy Fan profile image62
    Sci-Fantasy Fanposted 5 years ago

Thanks for your replies.  I'm not sure what 'aging' is, but I'll wait until I publish more before reapplying.  Thanks again.

4. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

Just get the adsense account with the blogger blog (Blogger is owned by Google and has adsense application built in) and use it here. Not many people will be checking the code to see which adsense user code a site has.

Thanks for all of the fast responses.  Blogger sounds like the best bet.

1. Samoa6 profile image85
        Samoa6posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi Sci-Fantasy Fan,
        I had the same thing happen to me a couple of weeks ago, I had applied after writing only one hub and then was rejected.  I applied again after publishing 3 hubs and just got my account approved today.  My site was 'under review' for 4 days, at the end of which I received an approval email.  During the review period, I increased traffic to my hubs by placing links in relevant forums around the internet, so I am not sure if it was increasing from 1 to 3 hubs, increasing traffic, or both that did the trick.  Best wishes.
        Samoa6

1. Writer Fox profile image78
          Writer Foxposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Posting 5 hubs should give you immediate approval if you live in the US.

2. psycheskinner profile image81
          psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You did a great job, getting approved that quickly.

1. Samoa6 profile image85
            Samoa6posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks psycheskinner - I was quite surprised myself!

working