jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Help I need an Adsense payout

1. fastfreta profile image79
    fastfretaposted 5 years ago

I'm currently 10 dollars away from an Adsense payout, and since I opted back into HP ads, I'm getting pennies a day. yikes I was averaging a few dollars a month before returning to HP Ads. At this rate it will take a year to make payout again, which I usually make about once a year. Suggestions please!!!!!hmm I understand you can't continue to opt in and out of HP Ads.

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You can opt in and out of HPads, whatever made you think differently?

1. relache profile image87
        relacheposted 5 years ago in reply to this

From http://hubpages.com/faq/#hpads-turn_off

"If you opt-out of the HubPages Earnings Program, you may subsequently opt-in again to the program (however HubPages disallows frequent changes to your program status)."

1. IzzyM profile image86

Oh that's new.

I used to jump in and out at least twice a month, though not recently because I wanted a payout from somewhere, and HPads were the most likely bet, although it has been touch and go at times.

Thanks for that smile

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Hey Fastfreta, at this present point in time, you can opt in and out of the HP Ads program. The reason you're earning very little from Adsense is because the only ad on the page is in the bottom left corner of your hub, which is related to Google Adsense, while HP Ads are running.

As far as I know, you can opt in or out of HP ads at will until HP Ads are the sole primary source, which is what HP is going for in 2012.

1. lobobrandon profile image81
      lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have no problem with the HP ads alone, they work pretty well for me. If what you say is true Cags I'll be pleased big_smile

2. IzzyM profile image86

Just noticed this. Is this fact or speculation, Cags?

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey Izzy, it's speculation, but look at what has happened?

Google Adsense is incorporated into the HP Ads Program, Ebay(need a different code) and now Amazon is being entered into the mix this month.

How is HP not going it alone with their own programs?

3. fastfreta profile image79
    fastfretaposted 5 years ago

Thanks guys, although I'm earning more with HP Ads, I just want to make this last "big" (Ha, ha) Adsense payout. However, I did read that the caveat to opting in and out is that you lose money with HP ads at some point. Anyway you guys kind of allayed my fears. See, if I read the rules a little more, I wouldn't have to come to the Forum with these "stupid questions."tongue

working