jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Four days and good google adwords on, Negligble traffic!

1. greathub profile image76
    greathubposted 7 years ago

Its been 4 days since I wrote this hub. I have also used Google Adwords External tool and placed some good keywords. But I am not getting any good traffic.

All i got is just two hits from yahoo search engine and 10 from hubpages(mostly by myself).

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-fabricat … aulic-jack

What may be the problem in your opinion?

Muhammad Ali

2. charlemont profile image84
    charlemontposted 7 years ago

Look at WDT stats:
    http://freekeywords.wordtracker.com/?se … est=Hit+Me
    Not that much traffic promising. To get visitors from google, you ought to reach 1st page for any given keyword. 4 days are not enough in my experience.
    You have over 650,000 competing websites in Google for your main keyword, which means you have to do some promotion.

1. greathub profile image76
      greathubposted 7 years ago in reply to this

So does it mean I should choose keywords that have few competitions?

I chose those keywords which had highest competition from google adwords external tool.

I thought the competition thing was just for advertisers and not us?

and google adwords external tool presents the search volume also. I placed all those keywords that were of high search volume.

1. WHoArtNow profile image86
        WHoArtNowposted 7 years ago in reply to this

The problem with doing this is that usually, as the number of sites decreases, so does the number of active searches per month carried out on the keyword. This means you may get higher on Google organic search, but there are usually less people searching for that keyword so traffic may be similar.

3. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

use tags that are relevant to what you're writing about. the science fair project tags really have nothing to do with your topic, unless you mention that it would be a good science fair project somewhere in your hub with more than one sentence of explaining why.

Make sure to use your  tags throughout your hub as well, which is why I say the science project tags have nothing to do with your hub.

Google will pick up the hub faster if the tags are relevant and are throughout the hub and if your hub topic has little competition (ie not a million other articles on the internet about the same thing, not saying yours does bc i didn't search but generally speaking), and the hub is unique.

4. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago

The other alternative is to actually write an authoritative page on the subject.

I very much doubt I could make a hydraulic jack from those instructions. Have you made one? If so, perhaps you could give step-by-step instructions.

Do that and after a little time, people will find your hub, link to it, and it will become an authority page.

5. greathub profile image76
    greathubposted 7 years ago

@ Whitney, WhoArtNow and Mark

Thank you very much for the suggestions.

I will try to take actions according to your advice.

Thanks again,

Muhammad Ali.