jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Score of 78

1. 0
    jvkrakowskiposted 4 years ago

I joined HubPages 8 days ago (today is Dec. 05, 2011). I had a score of 78. The hubs I post score from 68 to 83.

I was reading that most hubs start at 40 or so. A hubber's over all score ranks around the same count.

Why is mine so high? I hope to know so i can help it go higher.

2. QuestionMaster profile image88
    QuestionMasterposted 4 years ago

Scores are fairly meaningless. As long as your personal score is over 75 and your hub scores are over 40, all outgoing links are dofollow - basically the scores are there to keep the spammers from getting tons of quality backlinks.

It's based on things like quality content, site interaction etc.

But I have an account with one hub on it that's over a year old (and has not been used in over a year) that still has a personal score of 80 something.)

3. 0
    jvkrakowskiposted 4 years ago

4. Lisa HW profile image81
    Lisa HWposted 4 years ago

It doesn't take a decent Hub (or the new Hubber who wrote it) very long to go into the 70's or 80's. Hubs (and new Hubbers) start out low, and within days tend to go up in score.  With a little more time on the site, Hubs will settle wherever they're going to settle (which may be a few, or more, points higher or lower, depending on a mix of things).  The Hubber who generally writes decent Hubs and puts in the kind of effort suggested in HP's "Help" section usually doesn't take long to get an author score in the 90's.  What happens (to either each Hub's score or to the author score) goes from there and depends on a lot of things the Hubber does as he builds up time on the site.