jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)

More Traffic For Your Hub Pages

1. crazyhorsesghost profile image87
    crazyhorsesghostposted 9 years ago

http://hubpages.com/hub/Get-Traffic-To-Your-Hubs

I had thought about creating a Hub Page on getting more traffic to your Hub Pages for a while so here it is. A Hub Page on how to get traffic to your Hub Pages. Because the more traffic you have the better off you will be.

2. MM Del Rosario profile image81
    MM Del Rosarioposted 9 years ago

Thank you very much for the tips.  I will check yahoo 360. and the forums.

Well done.  very informative.

crazyhorsesghostposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the replies. I do appreciate it

3. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

Some good tips.  I'll attest that crazyhorsesghost does know how to get traffic.

Heya Bert!
      Let me first say that I'm just as in the dark as you are, but here are my thoughts.

If you're reading a book, that's basically a dramatic retelling, yes? That would classify it as a derivative work (a new creation that is based on copyrighted material), and at least according to what I read in this article, it looks like creating a derivative work without paying licensing fees or something could be grounds for legal action.

I guess my only concern is that if the Authors Guild wants to sue APPS for reading books out loud, there might be even more of an issue with a human reading them using a medium that is both public and profitable, especially because, from a bit of Googling, I got the impression that:
      1. Literary works must be performed with authorization of the author
      2. This only counts if the performance is public

And HubPages is both public and profitable.

To steer clear if any fuzzy areas, might I suggest reading something that is in the public domain? There are lots of those!

But this Video sounds AWESOME!!!

4. Whitney05 profile image63
    Whitney05posted 9 years ago

Have you seen any traffic increases with Yahoo 360? How exactly does it work?

As I said on the Hub it really depends on the subject of your Hub. With Celebrities and Paranormal I get a lot of clicks.

5. darkside profile image81
    darksideposted 9 years ago

I was about to post a bug because I was clicking on the Thumbs Up and it wasn't working. sad

But then I realised that it was an image that was part of the Hub illustrating the "Share It" function. big_smile

Excellent hub.

Thanks Darkside I appreciate your words

6. C.M. Vanderlinden profile image75
    C.M. Vanderlindenposted 9 years ago

Wow! I learned so much from this hub....thanks for writing it! I have never tried Yahoo 360--definitely going to give it a try now. I think you made a great point about taking advantage of the RSS feeds we have available to us from Hubpages....that is something I haven't been doing nearly as well as I could. This should be required reading for all new hubbers :-)

Thanks for your words. I really hope it helps you. And others.

7. grantsforwomen profile image60
    grantsforwomenposted 9 years ago

that yahoo360 Idea is one I never saw before, is it still valid (I'm reading this a few weeks after you posted)

8. Angela Harris profile image75
    Angela Harrisposted 9 years ago

Great ideas- thanks so much. I'm still trying to get the hang of RSS feeds.

9. profile image0
    El Rayposted 9 years ago

Crazyhorseghost,

Do your Yahoo! 360 blogs rank well in Yahoo's SERPs?.

I really enjoyed reading your Hub traffic hub. Excellent information. Thank you for creating it.

working