jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Adsense Alternative

1. charliegrumples profile image69
    charliegrumplesposted 4 years ago

I just noticed today that Wizzley are giving the option to have adsense ads or is it Chikita on an account. I think HP got rid of those as they weren't that great but thought it could be useful for anyone who's been done by google.

1. QuestionMaster profile image89
      QuestionMasterposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Wizzley and Infobarrel both allow Chitika.

Hubpages has never had Chitika - it did have Kontera but that was discontinued because of low earnings for most users and because it appeared spammy.

2. Richieb799 profile image68
    Richieb799posted 4 years ago

I was experimenting with both Adsense and Chitika on some of my sites, Chitika tend to include little picture of the products next to the text in some of their ads... I've just never had a site that gets a ton of traffic where I wanted to swap my Adsense for it completely.

3. paxwill profile image81
    paxwillposted 4 years ago

I use Chitika on InfoBarrel and it does all right on articles that are about services.  It doesn't do so well on my product reviews, and the ads are completely untargeted for everything else.  I think there is a small pool of topics for which Chitika will perform on par or better than Adsense, but I've never been motivated to find out what they are.

4. charliegrumples profile image69
    charliegrumplesposted 4 years ago

Oh yeah it was Kontera here wasn't it :-) ... I just spotted it and I know a few people here have had their adsense accounts dumped by the big G so I thought it offered an option for them .. no idea if it's any good or not