jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (21 posts)

Want to meet HubPages staff face to face today?

1. Simone Smith profile image90
    Simone Smithposted 5 years ago

Hey y'all! We're hosting a hangout for the next hour on our Google+ page so stop by if you'd like to meet Maddie and/or myself and have a wee peek at HubPages HQ.

Also, let us know if you think there might be any use for group video chat in the future (e.g. as a quick way to answer contest questions, discuss WTI themes, do other stuff).

Wheee!

1. SimeyC profile image90
      SimeyCposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Aww man I'm in work and we have IE7 - Google+ doesn't support IE7!!!!

Simone Smithposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Drat! Perhaps a future one!!

2. lobobrandon profile image81
      lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oh you'll are using video chat sad I have limited bandwidth up to tomorrow and then unlimited so I'm a bit late sad.
      Plus its 11:00pm here I'm off to bed. Let me know what happens big_smile

3. Peggy W profile image90
      Peggy Wposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I liked the photos of you guys hanging out in the office.  What's up with the salt shaker?  Nice photo of it and the HubPages sign!  It it to demonstrate that you folks are "salt of the earth" types?  wink

Hahaa, that photo is actually from an Australian HubMeet!

1. Peggy W profile image90
          Peggy Wposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Great photo!  Would never have guessed the origin however.  Thanks for the clarification.  smile

2. Kangaroo_Jase profile image84
          Kangaroo_Jaseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Which reminds me that we have to get that ball rolling again. Thanks for the reminder, was a great Hubmeet that one smile

2. barryrutherford profile image29
    barryrutherfordposted 5 years ago

Hope you do another one soon. Will have to get a mike and camera

3. AllieRambles profile image61
    AllieRamblesposted 5 years ago

Great chat.  It was nice to see some familiar faces with mustaches, lol!  I followed you guys on Google+ and I am here on the forums to look for the next hangout!

~Allie

It was so fabulous to meet you face to face, Allie!!  Thanks so much for joining the hangout!!

4. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

Google Talk doesn't seem to like my computer even though I fit all the criteria. I spent a rather frustrating 45 minutes trying to get it to work.

Drat. I'm so sorry that we misse you!! Perhaps next time?

5. andyoz profile image86
    andyozposted 5 years ago

Only caught the last five minutes and that was my first Hangout.  Very impressed with the technology and no doubt something Hubpages can use very well.  Must confess was to scared to say anything though, haha.  Maybe when I've had a few more Hangout sessions and know exactly what's going on!

Sounds good to me, andyoz! It's a new format to pretty much everyone, so we're on the same page big_smile
      Glad to hear you might be joining us in future hangouts though!

6. Simone Smith profile image90
    Simone Smithposted 5 years ago

Big thanks to everyone who joined us in our first hangout! Future hangouts are going to be for HubPages users only (this first one was public), so be sure to add us to your Circles if you want to have access big_smile
    Also, if you have any suggestions for future times that might be good, let me know!
    We'll be announcing future hangouts via our social media channels (and especially our Google+ page), so keep an eye out for 'em!

1. missolive profile image95
      missoliveposted 5 years ago in reply to this

yay! It was an awesome hangout Simone. Thanks for the HP office tour! I'm glad I caught the post. It was nice to see writers I follow as well.

Maybe we can do an agenda wish list??? We submit questions or topics for discussion??? Then you pick the topic when you announce the next hangout. Just a thought smile

MissOlive / Marisa

1. lobobrandon profile image81
        lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Choose a time wherein I can participate as well. Maybe two hours before this one? It was 12 in the night - this time.

2. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
      FloraBreenRobisonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

maybe next one will not be in the middle of a rehearsal schedule where I am always exhausted at that time of day.

7. habee profile image89
    habeeposted 5 years ago

Dang, Simone - I thought maybe you guys were headed to South GA! lol

8. Albert Genius profile image62
    Albert Geniusposted 5 years ago

Hey! Make a hangout here on this website. Who cares to travel to Google!! lol

working