jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

I think my Hub might be too long?

1. Cardia profile image91
    Cardiaposted 4 years ago

I just published my fifth hub! This is the link here: http://cardia.hubpages.com/hub/Tips-for … arage-Sale

However, I think it's a bit too long - over 1300 words! I've cut it down as best as I could, without taking out any vital information.

What do you think? Is it a decent length, or too long? I don't want my readers getting bored halfway through.

1. Alecia Murphy profile image89
      Alecia Murphyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's a decent length, considering the information you are including Cardia. I would just advise making the points you want to bold the words and bullet it into an easy to read list. You might want to break 2-3 steps into a capsule as well. Otherwise, it was very useful and informative without being too wordy for the situation. I hope this helps. Good luck!

1. Cardia profile image91
        Cardiaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the advice! smile I'm going to tackle that now!

2. kschang profile image91
      kschangposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Overall length is not the problem. What's missing from your hub is a bunch of bullet points / checklists.

When people read your hub it looks like one long blob of text with a few pictures in between. Not very attractive, though your tips are quite sensible.

Your title's fine. it's formatting that's slightly lacking.

2. Polly C profile image88
    Polly Cposted 4 years ago

Don't worry about the length, Cardia - one of my hubs is over 5000 words long (not intentional, just turned out that way). It is one of my most popular hubs and has a long viewing duration so I would say it doesn't really matter.

3. Rain Defence profile image97
    Rain Defenceposted 4 years ago

It's shorter than all of my hubs as far as I'm aware. It only takes a couple of minutes to read 1300 words so I wouldn't worry about it.