jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

I have a mystery reader

1. mary615 profile image95
    mary615posted 4 years ago

Someone with only a letter of the alphabet reads my Hubs, and always leaves a very nice comment.  How can I find out where the person is coming from?  Could be a Facebook friend who doesn't want to identify themself.  I don't think that is the case because I've seen this person reading and commenting on other's Hubs.  Any ideas?  I'm just curious who this friend could be.

1. Shadesbreath profile image89
      Shadesbreathposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Have you looked at the Stats screen for the hub and checked the traffic sources for the day? If you aren't getting a lot of traffic, you might make be able to guess.

On the other hand, you could not make a pleasant thing like a faithful reader into a cause for agitation of even a pleasant-seeming sort. Just be happy you have one and keep writing.

1. mary615 profile image95
        mary615posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Don't get me wrong.  I love having a faithful reader:  I was just wondering how I could find out more about the person.  Good idea to look at the stats.

1. 2uesday profile image89
          2uesdayposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If she/he wanted you to know who they were I think they would  have or will let you know.
          I would not try to discover this persons id as they are being nice just enjoy the pleasant comments.

2. wordscribe43 profile image94
    wordscribe43posted 4 years ago

That's cool, kinda like your Secret Santa.... a secret reader.

3. Cardisa profile image90
    Cardisaposted 4 years ago

I have one too her name is "Josephine", not sure if it's a real name or not but she follows me and she doesn't want to join HP. Somehow she knows when I publish a new hub. She has read almost all of mine.