jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Is This Offensive?

1. Albert Genius profile image61
    Albert Geniusposted 5 years ago

If someone over the internet tells "YOU are a moron!" -is that offensive?

1. Disturbia profile image61
      Disturbiaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I find it more rude than offensive, and also indicative of the character of the person who said it.  When someone resorts to name-calling, which by the way is a big pet peeve of mine, it's because they are either trying to goad you into losing your temper so as to bring you down to their level, or they are just too stupid to think of anything better to say.  Either way, they should be ignored and are not worth the time or energy of a response.

1. mary615 profile image94
        mary615posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree.   I'd just ignore it and go on with  my day! I call myself a moron all the time, cause I do dumb things. Or, I will say to myself:  that was a stupid thing to do!

2. nightwork4 profile image60
      nightwork4posted 5 years ago in reply to this

not really since they don't know me. plus i think a lot of people on here are morons, i just don't say it because i would probably get banned.

Albert Geniusposted 5 years ago in reply to this

*laughs* cool

2. AshtonFirefly profile image82
        AshtonFireflyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

LOL smile

2. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 5 years ago

It is a personal attack, and thus against the TOS for these here forums. As for my personal feeling at someone here calling me a moron, more often then not it's an idiot saying it so I don't get too fussed and am not offended in the slightest. Why care what some cyber idiot thinks?

Thanks kirstenblog. You are right.

3. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

Replace the word "YOU" with the word "I" and you get the real meaning of the post.  No, that's not offensive, just typically true.

It is a personal attack, and thus against the TOS for these here forums.

I find it more rude than offensive, and also indicative of the character of the person who said it.  When someone resorts to name-calling, which by the way is a big pet peeve of mine, it's because they are either trying to goad you into losing your temper so as to bring you down to their level, or they are just too stupid to think of anything better to say.  Either way, they should be ignored and are not worth the time or energy of a response.

4. skyfire profile image71
    skyfireposted 5 years ago

You're talking about Character ? LOL

Stalking people on Facebook, Hubpages OR
    Hiding behind female avatars OR
    harassing people on forums OR
    getting offended by internet slang and then moan like little gal and attack others OR
    Creating multiple profiles to troll on forums etc etc. Shows Character of the Person ?

this must be 1857 for you...   lol

working