jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Viewership increase

1. thirdmillenium profile image71
    thirdmilleniumposted 5 years ago

I came here straight from another forum thread wherein IzzyM was decrying the increase in viewership of his hubs brought on by some trolls.
    I do not understand. It is good that your viewership increases, isn't it? Will someone educate me?

1. SimeyC profile image89
      SimeyCposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The site that the troll posted the blog on is a click exchange site - these kind of sites are against Google's TOS as they essentially give a site additional views that they wouldn't have gotten normally and could lead to additional Google Adsense income. As most people on these type of sites only stay on the site for 15-30 seconds then it's a fraudulent way of getting extra traffic!

Google will often ban the Adsense account of the recipient hence IzzyM's worries!

2. psycheskinner profile image81
      psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The reason is in the thread.  Bad traffic (like exchanges) can cause them to take away your adsense account on the assumption that you are trying to cheat the system.

2. Max Dalton profile image81
    Max Daltonposted 5 years ago

I thought so, lol. I'm working to increase my search engine traffic and not necessarily traffic from the hubbing community. While traffic from other hubbers is nice, steady traffic from search engines will help set you up for the longer term. I suspect Izzy's internal traffic went up and his search engine traffic stayed consistent with where it's previously been. Just a theory.

3. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 5 years ago

Izzy's problem was that traffic was coming from a disreputable source in the form of a paid for links site - this is against Google TOS and may lead to your account being suspended!!!

1. lobobrandon profile image82
      lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

So what can Izzy do about it?? This is a dam serious matter!!

1. SimeyC profile image89
        SimeyCposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Basically remove Google Ads from the Blog, contact the 'click' site to get her blog removed and let Google know there is a problem!

1. lobobrandon profile image82
          lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hmmm contacting google thats hard

4. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Btw- IzzyM is female, not male.

working