jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Comment Ideas & Possible Bug

1. melbel profile image93
    melbelposted 4 years ago

My mouse button on my laptop is kind of broken, so when I went to submit a comment on a hub, I thought it didn't go through because of my computer, but it turned out it was kind of slow to load on HubPages' side. Thus, I ended up submitting a quad-billion of the same comment. (Fortunately it was on one of my own hubs.)

It would be a cool prevention measure for HubPages to, instead of submitting multiple comments, to say something like, "You already said that" or something. This would be handy as I've often submitted duplicate comments to users' hubs in the past by accident.

Also, something I noticed when I was deleting my duplicate comments, sometimes it would say "Your comment has been removed" and sometimes it would say "Comment has been deleted by the user." I can see how this would occur given that I'm deleting comments on my own hub, but just giving you a heads up in case there's a problem with my "role" on my own hub. (Am I a reader of my own hub? Yeah, kinda. Am I the mod of my hub? Yeah, definitely!)

I also refreshed the hub and the deleted comment message didn't go away. sad

2. capricornrising profile image59
    capricornrisingposted 4 years ago

Furthermore, I can't seem to delete an almost-but-not-quite-duplicate comment I made on someone else's Hub when my internet went kablooey one day. Or perhaps I'm missing something. Anyway, it's a bit embarrassing that they're both still there.

1. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You can't delete comments you've made on someone else's Hub once the editing time frame is over.  You can only contact that person and ask if they'll do it, which they may or may not.

3. Cardisa profile image90
    Cardisaposted 4 years ago

I find the reaction time to save the comments on HP quite slow, so we often click more than once and end up with multiple comments. A warning about it would be in good order.