jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Broken Links

1. Carolina Crete profile image82
    Carolina Creteposted 8 years ago

I see a new 'broken links' icon on my account page which indicates that a number of links in my hubs are bad links. But on checking them they are fine - however I have included the "target="_blank" for them to open in a new window as there is no 'open link in new window' facility on a link capsule (is there?)

All of them have the "target="_ blank code but only some of them are showing as bad links.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks
    Carolina

1. larryfreeman profile image85
      larryfreemanposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Hi Carolina,

I took a look and you are right the problem is your use of "target="_blank.  These tags do not belong in the url.  The link capsule at this time does not support this type of url.

The link button in the editor does have an "open link".  To get to it, you just need to click on the "show advanced options" link that appears.

-Larry

1. Carolina Crete profile image82
        Carolina Creteposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Larry.
        It's strange that I have used target_blank on all my links and only some are showing up as bad links, and others not (but they all work).  So the 'advanced options' link only appears in a text capsule and not in the links capsule ?   It would be good to fix the link capsule to open links in a new window as Hubbers and HubPages must lose visitors when readers click away on a link to an outside site.

1. larryfreeman profile image85
          larryfreemanposted 8 years ago in reply to this

The Link Checker takes time before it checks all new links so it will report the other links over time.

As far as allowing the link capsule to open links to a new window, I'll add that to our list of features that we consider.

-Larry

working