Could use some advice

1. 61
    E R Cposted 7 years ago

Hey all, I could use some advice I posted my first hub and I have a feeling it's not very good. Can someone give me some advice on how to spice it up or tell me how to add stuff to it? Thank you for your time!

1. Shadesbreath profile image89
      Shadesbreathposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Well, you got your first hub up, so you're off and running.  The rest is just about practice.

First thing I'd suggest is move that link to the book into an actual Amazon capsule. 

(Click "edit" at the top of your hub, then on the right, you'll see the Amazon capsule among the options for Text, Photo, Rss etc.  It's fairly easy to figure out from there.)

If you haven't set up your Amazon account yet it's easy... Darkside has a hub that will help you with it, as will the Hubpages help screen.  Here's Darksides hub:

Also, I'd suggest maybe you expand your review of the Twighlight series. Not giving away plot details or anything, but talk more about the story, maybe a description of the main character and his/her key issue/power/problem.  You know, kind of pique our interest by giving us a little more of a taste.

Anyway, I too enjoy some of the writers you mentioned and the genres, so glad to see you here. 

(Check out that hub I linked, it will help you a lot.)

1. David Ventura profile image80
        David Venturaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Perhaps you may consider changing the title too. Something that give the prospect reader more information about why He or She should read your hub (entice the reader):
        Many books that I' enjoyed
        Books that every one should read

well these are very lame but you catch the idea