jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (13 posts)

New here - 4 Questions please :)

1. Beth LK profile image61
    Beth LKposted 5 years ago

Hi. I just found this amazing site. I am shocked that I just now found this site being as I am a internet researcher by trade. Egg on my face wink

My questions are:

1. I have an adsense account from my websites, can I just use this account?

2. Will I be "penalized" for posting content here and same content on my websites?

3. Can I use my adsense account even though my user name and email addy here is different then what I have set up for my Google adsense?

4. Do hubs have to be articles specifically? I was thinking about sharing a "story" about a women I know going through a really hard time (changing names,info and such)that I feel would be helpful to many others. It would be done in parts. More or less like a blog style. Is that allowed?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Answers to your questions:

1. I have an adsense account from my websites, can I just use this account?

Yes, you have no option - you're only allowed to have one Adsense account!

2. Will I be "penalized" for posting content here and same content on my websites?

Yes, content on HubPages must be unique, copied Hubs will be unpublished.

3. Can I use my adsense account even though my user name and email addy here is different then what I have set up for my Google adsense?

Yes, no problem.

4. Do hubs have to be articles specifically? I was thinking about sharing a "story" about a women I know going through a really hard time (changing names,info and such)that I feel would be helpful to many others. It would be done in parts. More or less like a blog style. Is that allowed?

Hubs are like magazine articles, and are not suited to use as a blog.  For instance, if you start a Hub and keep adding to it, there's no way to let followers know you've added new material.  However, you can certainly write a Hub that has several sections. Or you could write several Hubs, each one about a separate woman, and link them to each other.  Just bear in mind you need to have at least 250 to 300 words in each Hub, and preferably double that.

Beth LKposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Marisa for your fast and through response to all of my questions. Much Appreciated, Beth smile

PS: what does the number 27 next to my profile icon mean please?

1. IzzyM profile image86
            IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That is your hubberscore, and if you ever find out how it works, let us know smile

1. lobobrandon profile image84
              lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm with Izzy on that big_smile

2. Pcunix profile image89
              Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

:-)

But do read the  FAQ and Help section.

1. IzzyM profile image86
                IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

NOT that it tells you a lot, but it does give you a rough idea I suppose - about hubscore that is. Good idea to read all that stuff anyway, lot of good info.

2. melbel profile image91
    melbelposted 5 years ago

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/hubs … bber-score

Since you're a new user it's low, but it'll go up as you create hubs.

Thank you for asking questions, by the way! It's really cool that you did that. A lot of people would just assume they could use content they posted elsewhere and then post in the forums with angry responses relating to HubPages unpublishing their hubs.

I can't wait to read your hubs. smile

Also, here's a link to the Learning Center... it's where I found the above thingie on the hubber score:
    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

They've got all sorts of goodies on making your hubs awesome. Since you say you have your own websites, I have to mention that a lot of the information that I learned in the learning center is stuff I found to be applicable on my own blogs as well. Best of luck here on HubPages. smile

1. Pcunix profile image89

Yes, it is cool.  The fact that Beth asked rather than leaping in is tres cool and makes me look forward to see what she is going to contribute here.

Thank you all for the warm welcome smile
        As to my posting of questions...well in my secret life I am a closet SEO geek, so I am always trying to be aware of what will enhance my work SEO wise as well as the many other facets of writing and content wink

PS: Are self made videos allowed to be a part of our hub content?

1. Pcunix profile image89

They just made an announcement today or yesterday about actually being able to host videos here soon.  But yes, you can.

Thank You Pcunix smile

working