jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image90
    DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago

If I made my own video, do I have to put it first on YouTube or Vimeo to add it to a hub, or can I upload it directly from my computer into the video capsule, and if so, then in what format should I save the video first?

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

There's a new HubPages video feature that's being beta tested now.  I'd wait a bit and see just what that is, as they are saying it will allow authors to monetize their videos.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image90
      DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Not really what I asked--I don't particularly care (right this minute) about "monetizing" my video--I just want to get it posted ASAP for the current hub I'm writing.
      So, can I, or can I not, upload it directly from my computer without going first through You Tube or Vimeo?  (or other online video posting site)?

1. SimeyC profile image88
        SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Unless you're part of the Beta - you have to upload to Youtube! (or one of the other comptible video sites.).

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If you want to get it posted ASAP, you'll need to put it on Youtube first. 

That's not a bad thing, because it gives readers two places to find it!

3. Aficionada profile image92
    Aficionadaposted 4 years ago

Incredible, and incredibly cool!!  Wow!

4. GmaGoldie profile image86
    GmaGoldieposted 4 years ago

I have waited and waited and just a couple of days ago, I was approved for Google Adsense on my YouTube account! YouTube has been very difficult to work with for me in the past. I don't hold grudges but I do remember well.

I believe the vblog will be the new wave of the future. Will HP have a specific name - Hub Videos?

I hope HP management considers giving HP writers some small advantage over the general public at least initially to reward the writers for their hard work. "Family first."

5. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 4 years ago

I wonder whether it will make sense to move YouTube stuff here.,