jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Where to Publish purely technical articles

1. anish92 profile image73
    anish92posted 4 years ago

I wonder if anyone can kindly tell me where I can publish technical articles (chemical engg) and get best rewarded. Note that though  the articles are factually correct and can be easily and reliably referenced, I dont have a degree to back it up (I am a UG level student).
    thanks for the help.

1. melbel profile image91
      melbelposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Why not here? It would actually be really cool. I'm a programmer and I'm working to roll out a few programming related articles. It would be cool to see more science hubs on here for sure!

Other than here, I'd say eHow, but they just took a huge crap on their writers a few months back.

1. anish92 profile image73
        anish92posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I love publishing on HP. But I am worried about the fact that only a small group of people (i.e. people studying Chemical, Civil or Mechanical engg.) will be interested in those articles. I don't know why but my blogs perform better than my hubs. so I was wondering if I should just make a small blog about it on blogspot or someplace. Maybe a long lens (on Squidoo)?

Wonder how your 'technical' articles are performing here on HP...

2. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 4 years ago

I think that it would be easy to get a false impression from fellow hubbers.

I've published some very light weight but geekish leaning stuff here and have had hubbers leave comments about how confused they are.   Of course they are confused - they aren't techy.

But that doesn't mean that Google won't send some people who are more equipped to make use of that information and I think that will be true no matter what level you write at.

Highly technical articles will always be limited to small groups.  That will be true no matter where you put them.

3. melbel profile image91
    melbelposted 4 years ago

Yeah, there aren't a lot of engineers writing on HubPages, but my programming hubs aren't written for them. Sure some of my followers may be confused by my more technical articles, but I'm not writing for other writers on HubPages.

I'm writing for people from Google. That's where the money's at. tongue I have a number of programming articles that I've already published here on HubPages and then some on my blog. I get traffic to those articles.

Heck! In the poetry contest, I wrote code poetry. I knew I would lose.. I mean CODE poetry? I can't expect the mods to judge the quality of my code in my code poetry! But those in the Ruby community (a programming language) are likely to enjoy and understand what is going on in the code/poem.

But yeah, writing for people coming in from search engines is where both the money and the traffic pour in.